Syncing Subsequent 37 to Cubase

Everything Sub.
ottowyrth

Syncing Subsequent 37 to Cubase

Post by ottowyrth » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:51 pm

Hello,

I really struggle to understand how to sync cubase and the 37.
37 is connected via USB, and my external instrument is set-up for the USB connection.
I can play with my midi keyboard on the VST track, and i have sound.
I am making sure i sent the clock in Cubase, in Transport / Project Syncronisation set-up, i tick the Moog Sub 37 box, so USB basically.
It's also connected via my MioXL via ethernet, but i have not set it up this way in Cubase, nor in Auracle, i paid attention not to send any data from other devices to Moog 37.
In the Sub 37 settings I have:
IN PORTS: both, OUT PORTS both
Echo din & usb are OFF

And when i press the SYNC button in the ARP section, the sounds stops, so the moog doesn't receive any clock.
Is there a setting in the Moog to indicate if it receives the clock specifcally from MIDI versus USB?

Any idea?

briandash

Re: Syncing Subsequent 37 to Cubase

Post by briandash » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:07 pm

When the SYNC button is ON, the Sub 37 will only make sound while your DAW is playing. It won't make any sound while playback is stopped. If you were already playing back your track when you pushed the sync button, you might need to stop and start again.

briandash

Re: Syncing Subsequent 37 to Cubase

Post by briandash » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:10 pm

Another setting that will fix the problem you run into next.
Go into Global Settings page 2, then SEQ Options, then change MIDI Output from SEQ to Keys. This way the Moog won't send ARP/Sequencer data to your DAW that will cancel out the MIDI regions being send by your DAW.