note volume with sequencer on sub 37

Everything Sub.
rllw

note volume with sequencer on sub 37

Post by rllw » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:36 pm

is it possible to adjust the individual note volume for part of a sequence? I would like for some notes to be louder than other notes.

till

Re: note volume with sequencer on sub 37

Post by till » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:51 am

Use velocity on VCA modulation for this.
On a monophonic instrument, you might use MIDI CC #7 as an alternativ. But I would recommend velocity. This is what it was meant to be used for mainly.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

rllw

Post by rllw » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:11 pm

Thank you, but, how can I edit each notes velocity independently?

rllw

Post by rllw » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:13 pm

OK, so, made some progress, documenting here for reference.

1. I still cant figure out a way to edit the velocity of a sequenced note in step edit mode, without just re-recording the note itself. If you know a way, please let me know!

2. I was able to edit the velocity of each individual note of the sequence using the sub 37 editor.

3. The missing step for me was adjusting the velocity amount of the filter envelope (thanks till for your help). I had to hit the Knob Shift, then adjust the VEL AMT per page 32 of the manual.

"VEL AMT
When the KNOB SHIFT button is blinking you can use the FILTER DECAY knob (now FILTER
VELOCITY AMOUNT) to make your sounds get darker as you press the keys slower on the keyboard,
and brighter as you press the keys faster. The knob’s range varies from 0% to 100%. Note that the
highest velocity always gives the full amount, and that higher knob values affect the softer velocities,
which makes them deliver lower amounts"

4. I also messed around with having the sequence mod destination be the "OSC 1 On", but, you have to remember to set the modulation when recording, or, as above, set it with the sub 37 editor. Using Osc1 On or Osc1 Level have similar effects...just turning on or off the oscillator. Mod values >0 turn osc on, mod values <0 turn osc 1 off.

Thanks again till, velocity is what I was hoping to use and it worked. Just had to do step 3 to get it going.

Again, if anyone knows how to adjust velocity thru a menu on the sub37, would love to know how. Thanks!