PLEASE HELP : ( drawn midi notes are not creating any signal

Everything Sub.
Abutler

PLEASE HELP : ( drawn midi notes are not creating any signal

Post by Abutler » Fri May 27, 2022 11:14 pm

Drawn midi notes are failing to create any sort of signal that will prompt the Sub 37 to play the appropriate likewise midi notes. This is strange because I am adjust settings on the Sub using the Editor plugin so the MIDI connection is working in that regard. I am also able to play the Moog externally by using a Midi keyboard. When pressing the keys on my computer keyboard, I am getting a visual display that there is signal, but nothing audible. I am operating Ableton (and am also having the same issue in Logic Pro X) in Mac.

I have reached out to Moog but so far only radio silence. This issue is more or less detrimental to why I bought this Moog in the first place.

The video below mentions needing to download the appropriate USB driver but
1. the video discusses using the editor on windows not mac
2. I cannot find the USB driver on the Moog website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdIs5ric-yw

I would deeply appreciate any advice.

briandash

Re: PLEASE HELP : ( drawn midi notes are not creating any signal

Post by briandash » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:18 pm

I had a similar issue that was specifically happening when using the ARP or sequences on the Sub 37.

The solution I found was to go into Global Settings page 2, then SEQ Options, then change MIDI Output to Keys.

What was going on for me was that I would play a region in my DAW with one MIDI not, then the Moog would be sending the ARP midi back to my DAW which cancels out the note being played by the DAW. Maybe that's what's happening.