Step Sequencer end point

Everything Sub.
Gbags

Step Sequencer end point

Post by Gbags » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:03 am

Hi there. I have a 64-step sequence and sometimes I want it to just play the first 16 steps. This was surly straight forward: while the sequence is on the first page, press and hold step 16 and hit the octave ➡️ button. Great, it loops the first 16 steps. But then I can’t figure out how to then go back to the 64-step sequence. During the song, I want to alternate between the 64-step sequence and the truncated 16-step sequence on the fly. Hopefully I’m just missing something simple. Thanks in advance.

RobustAmerican

Re: Step Sequencer end point

Post by RobustAmerican » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:29 pm

You could save multiple versions of the preset with different sequence lengths and then simply change the preset to switch between the different sequences. This works extremely well. I do this quite a bit with drum/percussion sequences in order to get longer sequences than the available 64 steps. It changes presets very fast and doesn't miss a beat.

Or,

You could also simply re-trigger/restart the sequence at the beginning of each bar to just hear the first 16 steps. When you need the full 64 steps just re-trigger the sequence once every 4 bars.

Gbags

Re: Step Sequencer end point

Post by Gbags » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:06 pm

Making two presets is a good workaround. Thanks!