NEWBIE QUESTION - hooking up guitars, loop pedals and monitors w/ 25

Everything Sub.
BlakeMoody

NEWBIE QUESTION - hooking up guitars, loop pedals and monitors w/ 25

Post by BlakeMoody » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:11 pm

Amigos/Amigas,

thank you for answering my previous question. i feel 100% able to play with my 25 now (completely new to any moog).

my question is playing my guitar through my moog.
1. do i plug it straight in to the unit? it's a regular electric guitar, not a midi one
2. i want to graduate from headphones to studio monitors so i can record some demo stuff (mic the studio monitors). BUT i want to use a guitar looper pedal i have. Am i batshit crazy? i want to loop what i play on the moog, and the sound to come out of my monitors, that's why i ask.

I'm a guitar player but really don't use a ton of pedals so my experience with using technology (moogs) is a concept that i am wrapping my head around.

Any guidance in these areas is greatly appreciated!

Mikelprat

Re: NEWBIE QUESTION - hooking up guitars, loop pedals and monitors w/ 25

Post by Mikelprat » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:19 am

Hi!

I'm new as well with a Moog Mother32 in my hands and I have the same questions about how to connect an electric Guitar to a Moog.
Unfortunatelly, no replies avaliable about your doubts.

Maybe you've solved the issue by yourself, so all your knowledge can be appreciate If can be shared here.

Thanks!

Mike

MrChumley

Post by MrChumley » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:21 am

BlakeMoody wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:11 pm 1. do i plug it straight in to the unit? it's a regular electric guitar, not a midi one
The manual shows a guitar plugged into the Audio In jack, but it says that Audio In accepts a line-level signal. I think that means you'd need to use a pre-amp of some sort between the guitar and the Moog.

You also need to trigger the envelopes on the Moog to hear the guitar, either by playing the keys or using a footswitch.
BlakeMoody wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:11 pm 2. i want to graduate from headphones to studio monitors so i can record some demo stuff (mic the studio monitors). BUT i want to use a guitar looper pedal i have. Am i batshit crazy? i want to loop what i play on the moog, and the sound to come out of my monitors, that's why i ask.
Sending audio to monitors and then recording via mic is not going to give you great sound quality.

Depending on exactly what you're trying to achieve, I think investing in a small mixer would be worthwhile. Something like this would allow you to combine the sound from the Moog, guitar and looper pedal, monitor through speakers or headphones, and record the mix either by USB or from the analogue outputs.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... r-with-usb

PS I have no connection with Sweetwater (I'm UK based) - this is purely an example of the kind of mixer that might meet your needs.

Amrikaa

Post by Amrikaa » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:59 am

I'm a guitar player but really don't use a ton of pedals so my experience with using technology (moogs) is a concept that i am wrapping my head around.

Silhouette Challenge on tiktok