Can’t work aftertouch & velocity sens

Everything Sub.
blobdang

Can’t work aftertouch & velocity sens

Post by blobdang » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:26 am

Hi , I’ve got a new Subsequent 37 and I can’t seem to get the aftertouch and velocity sens to use as a mod controller.
Following instructions from the manual using the Mod controller buttons and menu.
Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or there’s a fault with the machine…any ideas guys?

RobustAmerican

Re: Can’t work aftertouch & velocity sens

Post by RobustAmerican » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:10 pm

Start with an initialized patch...

Aftetouch: Use LFO 1
1. Set Mod 1 source to "F. EG/PGM"
2. Increase the "Filter Amount" knob to 60% or so.
3. In the menu, change the "PGM SRC" to "Const On"
4. In the menu, set the values for Mod 1 Controllers. Set Modwheel, Velocity and CTL 4 to zero. Turn up the aftertouch setting.
5. Make sure the filter is somewhat closed so you can hear the resulting modulation.

Velocity:
1. Start with the filter cutoff at about 50% open.
2. Increase the filter envelope amount to 50% or more. Add some decay and sustain to the filter envelope settings.
3. Use the knob shift button to change the functions of the envelope knobs.
4. Turn up the filter sustain knob, (with knob shift turned on it now controls the velocity to envelope amount) There is a typo in the old manual. It states that the filter decay knob is used to change the velocity amount but it should say the sustain knob here.

As you might have noticed, the LFOs also have velocity as controller settings so that is another option for using velocity.

All this is so much faster and easier with the official editor. You can actually see and change all of the menu items in the interface.