Sub 25 Duo mode questions regarding note priority

Everything Sub.
Diode

Sub 25 Duo mode questions regarding note priority

Post by Diode » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:51 am

Hi all,

I am trying to understand the basics of playing in 'Duo Mode' on the Sub 25.

I have been going through some of the Duophonic' Sub 25 presets, and I notice some of these presets have BOTH osc 1 and 2 set to LOW note priority: I thought that to play 'Duophonic' way, the player would need to have x1 osc set to low note and x1 osc set to high note.

Please could someone explain to me what is going on when both oscs are set to LOW NOTE priority in 'Duo' Mode?..How is this poss to play two different notes when both oscs are set to LOW NOTE?

Could someone help me understand please?

Thanks,

Diode

stiiiiiiive

Re: Sub 25 Duo mode questions regarding note priority

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Hi Diode.

I've just (very quicky) checked in the manual and here is what I understand.
There is no such thing as "not priority for OSC 1 and note priority for OSC2".
Instead, there is a "general" note priority and a duophonic mode OSC2 note priority (also known in themnual as Global note priority and Duo note priority).

The general one is the one that applies while in normal mode (not duophonic): if several keys are pressed/several MIDI notes are received simultaneously, then the one the Subsequent 25 should play (with both oscillators and for a given preset) is the lowest one, ot the highest one, or the latest one, or the one determined by the global setting, i.e. the one for the whole instrument.

The Duo note priority is relevant only in duophonic mode, when several keys are pressed/several MIDI notes are received simultaneously; it will determine what note OSC 2 should track in such a situation, i.e. the lowest or the highest. The other note will be tracked by OSC1, obviously.

I hope this makes sense... the manual must explain this much better than me though :D

Diode

Re: Sub 25 Duo mode questions regarding note priority

Post by Diode » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:15 am

Hi Stiiiiiiiive,

Thanks for your email and help.

That was helpful, getting my head around what you stated.

Regards,

Diode