Volume reduction when in 'duo mode' on Sub 25

Everything Sub.
Diode

Volume reduction when in 'duo mode' on Sub 25

Post by Diode » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:23 am

Hi all,

Could someone help who has had experience in playing in a 'duophonic way?

So I have been playing my Sub 25, have made sure the keyboard tracking is off:

I go into Duo mode: When both oscillators play the same note in Duo mode, the volume seems to be louder than when each oscillator plays a DIFFERENT note.Is this usual ? Is it something I am doing wrong? I have velocity fully off at the moment?

What would any one suggest please?

Thanks

Diode

gaelic

Re: Volume reduction when in 'duo mode' on Sub 25

Post by gaelic » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:07 am

On your Subsequent 25, a changing control signal can modulate pitch, filter cutoff, and waveform shape. You control the modulation signal's depth using the MOD.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 am

What an almost invisible ad for a game, Gaelic. No thanks, bye.

Diode, I guess that is due to addition of two tuned signals. How can you have both oscillators playing the same note, BTW? Playing one octave apart and setting them one octave apart?
Try to compare playing both oscillators with the same pitch in duo mode vs in normal mode. Also try to play two oscillators un duo mode with two neighbour keys and adjust the picth of one oscillator on the pitch of the other one: does the volume increase when you're on it?

Besides, I know the Subsequent 25 inherited the Subsequent 37 updgraded mixer (with respect the Sub 37's) to handle better the duophony. I think that Duo mode is just about the way the keyboard controls the oscillator pitches, but maybe it switches something in the mixer too. I would be surprised if it would, however.

Swenyly

Post by Swenyly » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:20 am

Surely you did the wrong operation, turn off and try again as instructed. I made mistakes like you when I played on sub 25 . after reboot i found it ok fleeing the complex