Global octave button on Sub Phatty not changing octaves when I hold key down

Everything Sub.
Diode

Global octave button on Sub Phatty not changing octaves when I hold key down

Post by Diode » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:07 am

Dear fellow forum users,

I have not had a reply from Moog in over 6 months, please could anyone help me with this new question???

I used to be able to hold a key down on the Sub Phatty and press the global octave up and down button and the octave would change on the Sub Phatty. Now if I do this the octave will not change up or down.

To remedy this I now have to lift my finger and press the octave up or down global button.

Please could this be fixed, would I have to re- install the firmware?

If so, what is the latest Sub Phatty firmware called again please?

Thanks,

Diode

till

Re: Global octave button on Sub Phatty not changing octaves when I hold key down

Post by till » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:34 am

The latest firmware on the Moog personal account pages (where you register your Moog gear) is v2.20. And version 2.0.3 is also available there.
Versions 2.0.5 and 2.0.6 are not available via Moog for some reason.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Diode

Re: Global octave button on Sub Phatty not changing octaves when I hold key down

Post by Diode » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:02 am

Hi til,

Thanks for your reply.

I have the latest firmware you mention, but the issue still remains.

This is really odd, I mean I can live with it, but the issue just occured..I had the app open on my laptop, I turned on the Sub Phatty, plugged the USB cable into the laptop and then the global octave button stopped working properly.

Really odd.

Diode

Diode

Post by Diode » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:35 am

Hi all,

Does any one else had the issues I have had with the global octave button not working when a key is held down?

Does anyone know how I can get this fixed please?

Thanks,

Diode

till

Post by till » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:55 am

Are you absolute sure no MIDI loop via USB is going on

It should not differ, if you press the note on the keyboard or receive it via MIDI. If you play the SubPhatty via USB MIDI, turn the local control off while playing the SubPhatty keyboard. Other wise the SubPhaty will receive the pressed note via its own keyboard and the note sent via USB and maybe returned by the DAW.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Diode

Post by Diode » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:15 am

Hi til,

Thanks for your reply,

I am playing the Phatty via no DAW, really odd .....but the problem is still occuring.

What do you suggest please?

Thanks,

Diode

Diode

Post by Diode » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:26 am

Hi all,

Issue resolved,

The issue occured because I opened up the editor software BEFORE I plugged in the Sub Phatty to my laptop.

Diode