Subs37 key rubs against case... Options and expectations?

Everything Sub.
Divinital

Subs37 key rubs against case... Options and expectations?

Post by Divinital » Fri May 14, 2021 4:49 pm

I just got a Subsequent 37 that I really don't feel like repacking and having to ship. The far right key rubs against the case and sometimes gets stuck. Besides feeling terrible to play I'd say it's a bug, not a feature... I unscrewed the screw nearest and the same opposite the case and retightened but it didn't do anything.

Video attached...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omk2cdiyfmc58 ... o.mov?dl=0

Regards

PChamaeleoMH

Re: Subs37 key rubs against case... Options and expectations?

Post by PChamaeleoMH » Sat May 15, 2021 12:19 pm

Ugh, commiserations, that's frustrating.
I had my Sub 37 upgraded to a Subsequent 37 (including the new keybed) last year, and the only glitch is that the left-most (bottom) key can now click sideways against the mod/pitch wheel platform... It doesn't catch, but can make a clicking noise. I realise that I'm not offering help or advice, but perhaps our left/right end issues suggest that lateral spacing might be tight more generally, so while I think it'd be worth trying to improve your issue, it might be that the end keys are liable to contact one edge or the other? Others might chip in; perhaps most are fine and we just got outliers.

Divinital

Re: Subs37 key rubs against case... Options and expectations?

Post by Divinital » Sat May 15, 2021 12:38 pm

PChamaeleoMH wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:19 pm Ugh, commiserations, that's frustrating.
I had my Sub 37 upgraded to a Subsequent 37 (including the new keybed) last year, and the only glitch is that the left-most (bottom) key can now click sideways against the mod/pitch wheel platform... It doesn't catch, but can make a clicking noise. I realise that I'm not offering help or advice, but perhaps our left/right end issues suggest that lateral spacing might be tight more generally, so while I think it'd be worth trying to improve your issue, it might be that the end keys are liable to contact one edge or the other? Others might chip in; perhaps most are fine and we just got outliers.
The only synths I have right now are Moogs, I've bought and sold a few but never had any issues. I've also never seen it mentioned anywhere online nor seen anyone on YouTube with the issue, and I've craved this synth for many years now, like an extreme lust. To have this issue is just heartbreaking more than disappointing or anything. I just want to be able to fix it somehow, if I have to ship it, I've gotta ship it!

That key is the panty/boxers dropper. I don't want to go for it and feel like I'm playing some sandpaper that got stuck.

Anyway, contacted both Moog and Sweetwater tech, will see if anything arises. I just wanted to check in here with users and see if there's something obvious I'm overlooking that would fix it. The screw solution I found from another forum post regarding a gap in the panel. Was hoping it applied.