Sub 25 duophony on external midi controller

Everything Sub.
icumdrums

Sub 25 duophony on external midi controller

Post by icumdrums » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:21 am

Hello, not sure if this is a Moog question or a Roland question but I think this pertains to any midi controller that's connected to a Moog synth. I have a sub25 running to a Roland Spd-Sx via midi and I'm wondering if there's a way to play two different notes at the same time when I hit two pads. I have a Duophony preset on the Sub25 but it's still acting like a mono synth and cancelling out one of the notes when I hit another pad. Is there a way around this? Thank's in advance for your time.

Suspish

Re: Sub 25 duophony on external midi controller

Post by Suspish » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:07 pm

The Duo mode will only work when 2 notes are played at the same time. I am not sure how the SPD works, but if it just sends a note on and off right away when triggered, then you will not be able to do the duo mode with the pads. However, I believe you can configure the pads to start on a hit and continue playing until you hit it again to turn it off. If you configure them that way, and it sends a note on for the first hit, and a note off when you trigger again, you should be able to set it up to work with the duo mode.