More problems with Sub37 Editor VST - “can’t connect to midiporthandler.exe”

Everything Sub.
Razzia

More problems with Sub37 Editor VST - “can’t connect to midiporthandler.exe”

Post by Razzia » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi. I could really use some help. Just upgraded my PC hardware and had to reinstall windows 10 because part of what changed was the mobo and CPU. Now I can’t get the Editor VST to work in Ableton Live 10 or Cubase Pro 10.5.

So here’s the details. The standalone editor works fine. When i try to load the Editor plugin I get an error message that says “can’t connect to midiporthandler.exe” and suggests that I make sure the midiporthandler application is installed on my PC, which of course it is.

I get the usual “hardware disconnected” error when i open the plugin and it doesn’t recognize the Subsequent 37 in and out ports despite that the standalone editor recognizes them right away. I have tried just about every combination of settings in Live’s midi preferences, reinstalled the firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, changed USB ports and tried again. No luck.

The error message about midiporthandler.exe also says that i can disable this messages in preferences via clicking the Moog logo. I assume this means the one in the upper right corner of the Editor but it doesn’t give me a preferences menu and I can’t recall that it did on my previous setup.

If anyone has a solution for this I will be super grateful. The fact that the sub37 isn’t working is kind of souring my enthusiasm about my new and improved computer specs.

Idk if this is worth mentioning, but my Subsequent 37 is actually a Sub 37 that was upgraded. It’s registered as a Sub37 so that’s the set of drivers and other downloads I have in my account. Not sure if there’s any major difference with the Subsequent software since AFAIK it’s just a better keyboard and better saturation stage.