Subsequent 37 MIDI loop Issue

Everything Sub.
JonahHollander

Subsequent 37 MIDI loop Issue

Post by JonahHollander » Fri May 15, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi, I’m having a problem with using the midi function on my Subsequent 37.

I keep getting stuck notes or rare but quick dropouts/detuning when playing or during return playback and keep having to hold the octave buttons to reset it (very annoying).

I’ve changed the midi in / out to different channels, turned off local control, and reinstalled the newest firmware (1.3.2) too many times to count.

I am using Logic Pro X with an Arturia Keylab 61 as the midi controller. In logic’s midi settings I’ve turned off or uncheck marked the midi ports for other devices highlighted in white being used (Saffire Pro40, Scarlet18i8)
Though there are around 1,000 or so unhighlighted devices for EZdrummer turned on (Have turned off or unchecked around 300 before getting tired. MAYBE the only thing left to try.) and still notes get stuck.

Very confused why this MIDI loop is happening still, unless it’s the 700 EZdrummers left to uncheck but I doubt it.

Any help or ideas would be fantastic, thanks!

Montfrooij

Re: Subsequent 37 MIDI loop Issue

Post by Montfrooij » Fri May 22, 2020 8:56 am

Sounds like either a midi configuration error on the S37 or something Logic is causing.

You can use the midi menu (on the S37) to set what messages will be send back through USB or DIN.
Make sure you send back what you want to be sent back. (maybe start with nothing going out of the S37 to test)
Took me a while to figure this out for my DAW. (I wanted to send the incoming master clock from my daw from the USB connection via the DIN out to my effects pedal for delay sync)

Also note that the DAW might be recording midi input and send it back simultaneously.
(that is one problem I had with Reason, giving me double notes for one hit on the S37)
Don't know how this works for Logic.

Pauldex

Post by Pauldex » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:06 pm

Hi
I 'm having the same problem with logix pro X
As soon as I connect the Subsequent 37 via USB to my macbook pro I don't have any sound in logic (via a scarlet interface)
I've tried several configurations on the sub and on logic without success;
Installing the sub as a virtual instrument does not work either
I can sync the sub 37 with an arturia drumbrute without any problem using a Din connection
Any idea,?
Thanks a lot for your help

Montfrooij

Post by Montfrooij » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:59 pm

That is very hard to judge from this short description.
I'm quite sure it is not a midi loop like the original poster had.

What happens when you don't have Logic open and you just connect USB and open the subsequent editor?

briandash

Post by briandash » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:23 pm

On the Moog, go to the Global Settings page 2, then select SEQ Options, then change MIDI output from SEQ to Keys. This will stop the Moog from sending midi notes from the ARP/Sequencer back to your DAW, which is probably what is causing the problem.