Sub 37 and Sub Phatty Editor DAW preset recall

Everything Sub.
mad.grv

Sub 37 and Sub Phatty Editor DAW preset recall

Post by mad.grv » Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 am

Hi everyone!

I have been playing with the Sub Phatty editor in Pro Tools for the first time and was kind of expecting to be able to use the plugin version to recall patches for the different parts used within projects, so if anything needs to be changed in the arrangements I could simply recall the exact sound and knob automatons for the part.
However this does not seem to be the case, I would have though it to be one of the main purposes of creating a software version or plugin and was very excited about it.
I can't seem to be able to store the patch in the plugin for later recall and more instances of the plug are not allowed in the same project.
Is there something I am doing wrong or simply this isn't a feature that exists at the moment? It would be a game changer if it was there!

Waiting for a new Sub 37 to come through the post and really can't wait, maybe the editor for the 37 has more functionalities other than the obvious different panel?

I am very new to this platform and please forgive me if this was discussed before but could't seem to find much information about it.

Really hope someone can help with this!
So very glad to be part of the fam!

RobustAmerican

Re: Sub 37 and Sub Phatty Editor DAW preset recall

Post by RobustAmerican » Tue May 12, 2020 1:25 pm

mad.grv wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 am Hi everyone!

I have been playing with the Sub Phatty editor in Pro Tools for the first time and was kind of expecting to be able to use the plugin version to recall patches for the different parts used within projects, so if anything needs to be changed in the arrangements I could simply recall the exact sound and knob automatons for the part.
However this does not seem to be the case, I would have though it to be one of the main purposes of creating a software version or plugin and was very excited about it.
I can't seem to be able to store the patch in the plugin for later recall and more instances of the plug are not allowed in the same project.
Is there something I am doing wrong or simply this isn't a feature that exists at the moment? It would be a game changer if it was there!

Maybe I'm missing something here but what about good old midi program changes? Plus, you can have multiple midi channels pointed at the same synth for different sections of a song. Each with their own program (preset) calls and parameter automation. I have a Sub37 and the Minitaur and I use the editors as patch editors and librarians. Everything else is done with multiple midi channels and lanes for parameter automation. All of which can be neatly folded away and out of site.

Good luck!

Montfrooij

Re: Sub 37 and Sub Phatty Editor DAW preset recall

Post by Montfrooij » Fri May 22, 2020 9:00 am

I have / had some issues with the VST, but this is not one of them.
If I have good connection (sometimes it fails), the VST sends the last stored patch to the S37.
So I don't have to select it manually.
The only problem is when there are more instances of the VST in one project (because I have more tracks that I want to do with the S37).
If that is the case, I manually have to select a stored preset via the VST if I want to record that track.

I'm on Windows, Reason 10.4 btw.

Does the VST connect well to the S37?
You can select the internal S37 patches, change them etc. ?