Sync MIDI clock from Sub37 to Mother-32. Please help!

Everything Sub.
Arp_p

Sync MIDI clock from Sub37 to Mother-32. Please help!

Post by Arp_p » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:35 am

Hi,
I am sending MIDI clock from my DAW to my sub 37 then I want to pass the clock data from the sub 37 to the mother-32 in that way both synths stays in sync. But the mother-32 doesn't seem to be getting any clock data from the sub 37.
My method is:
MIDI clock DAW->Sub 37 (vis USB, and they are in perfect sync), then I have enable the ECHO USB IN (BOTH) and as well the SEND CLOCK, SEND ST/STP and the FOLLOW SPP, all three are ON. Both the mother and the sub are on Channel 1 and the mother has been set to MIDI DIN SYNC. The sub 37 is in perfect sync ith the daw , but the mother is not getting anything. Should the MIDI in led in the mother lit when clock data is being received?
What am I doing wrong here?
I really would appreciate any help!
Cheers.

Richard deHove

Re: Sync MIDI clock from Sub37 to Mother-32. Please help!

Post by Richard deHove » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:10 pm

I don't have a Mother-32 so can't specifically, only offer a few thoughts....
Generally I have much better success using DIN sync rather than USB. Also, have you tried setting the Mother32 to a different channel and send from that new channel on the Sub37? Have you tested MIDI input to the Mother on another device to see how it works? Seems to me that the light should probably activate on MIDI receive. Is there another device you can test the Sub37 send on so you can see whether it's the sending or the receiving that's an issue?

Finally, consider one of the MIDI Solutions little routing boxes. They have splitters and combiners for cheap that work very well. You could get a simple MIDI splitter box then feed your DAW info to both devices independently.

Arp_p

Post by Arp_p » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:09 am

Richard deHove wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:10 pm I don't have a Mother-32 so can't specifically, only offer a few thoughts....
Generally I have much better success using DIN sync rather than USB. Also, have you tried setting the Mother32 to a different channel and send from that new channel on the Sub37? Have you tested MIDI input to the Mother on another device to see how it works? Seems to me that the light should probably activate on MIDI receive. Is there another device you can test the Sub37 send on so you can see whether it's the sending or the receiving that's an issue?

Finally, consider one of the MIDI Solutions little routing boxes. They have splitters and combiners for cheap that work very well. You could get a simple MIDI splitter box then feed your DAW info to both devices independently.
Hi and thanks for your reply.
I managed to make it work. It was something in the mother-32. I just changed the sequencer from keyboard mode to step mode and suddenly the sub 37 and the mother were in sync. But, the synth are in sync when the sub 37 is the master clock. If I use my DAW as my master clock, then the DAW and the sub37 are in sync, but the mother is delayed by a quarter note. I think the best way to resolve this is how you recommended with an external MIDI device. I think I can send the MIDI clock via USB to a MIDI splitter as you said and then send it parallel to both synths.
Thanks for your help!

Montfrooij

Post by Montfrooij » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:39 am

I have seen the mother 32 got a nice upgrade with better midi implementation.