Completely Frozen Sub 37

Everything Sub.
Stephen W Ferris

Completely Frozen Sub 37

Post by Stephen W Ferris » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:02 pm

I have been reading previous entries on similar issues with Bricking and I believe this may be an entirely different problem I have.
I was attempting to run through the official process of uninstalling Drivers and The Editor to remedy a problem where the Editor would not recognise the Sub. I then reinstalled the Drivers and the Editor.
I then attempted to run the official Moog updater. the Sub was recognised and the Sub was ready to receive the updated firmware.
After 5 seconds, I saw out of the corner of my eye some USB port message (I did not quite catch what it was), but communication with the Sub dropped out and it is now Bricked.
It is stuck on the Firmware update screen and will not budge. The Sub will not be recognised on any USB port, therefore I cannot try to run the updater again.
I have tried several syx utilities, but nothing will recognise the Sub. I have contacted Moog, but fear the worst.
Does anyone have any advice? I am on Windows 10. I am not sure of the Sub 37 era. (pre filter pot upgrade or not)

ObtuseMoose

Re: Completely Frozen Sub 37

Post by ObtuseMoose » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:06 pm

Hi Stephen,
It is stuck on the Firmware update screen and will not budge. The Sub will not be recognised on any USB port, therefore I cannot try to run the updater again.
Argh. I hate it when things like that happen. If you haven't already, you might try a "hard restart" of your computer, meaning shut it down and turn power off. Sometimes just picking the "Restart" option from the power menu isn't sufficient and complete power down might reset some of the hardware in the computer.

If that doesn't help, do you have access to another computer to try the update with?

As for contacting Moog, my experience with sending email to support is that it can take a long time to get a response. You might have better luck using the "chat" feature on their web site or calling them on the telephone.