SOLVED: Envelope Sync does not work properly [Subsequent 37]

Everything Sub.
Dani538

SOLVED: Envelope Sync does not work properly [Subsequent 37]

Post by Dani538 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:01 am

Hi everybody,

I have noticed something weird in my Moog Subsequent 37 the other day. The first time I tried experiment with the envelope settings for Sync.

Situation 1:
I have my Moog run independend without any midi connection. So it uses it internal clock. Set a simple AD envelope for Filter EG and turn the button for Sync on. I set the divison on 1/4. Now when I press a note I expect to launch the envelope and it restarts every 1/4 note. But this is not allways happening. Many times when I press the note it sounds like the envelope is trigged twice in a row (timing differs when pressing the note). This also happens when I have a 16 step long sequence of one tied note. And I press a note to start the sequence.

Situation 2:
If I slave my Moog internal clock to a external device and let a note come in of the external sequencer the above doesnt happen. But something else occurs. The envelope does not trigger at the start of the note but does trigger at the second, third and fourth 1/4 interval. If I turn of Sync it just triggers at the first 1/4 interval and not in the following (as supposed).

Is this normal behaviour or is this a bug?
Last edited by Dani538 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dani538

Re: Envelope Sync does not work properly [Subsequent 37]

Post by Dani538 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:21 am

Allright I allready figured it out. I think it is a bit strange but I can understand it.

1. The internal clock is allways running in the background. So when the sequencer is on and you press a note right on time of the beat the envelope is just triggerd as the first image in the attachement. Just as you would expect.

If you press the note at any other timing the envelope triggers, but restarts at the beat again. Therefor you notice a glitch or second retrig. This occurs everytime when the sequencer return to it's original value.

It would be nice if you could reset the internal clock when you play the sequencer else the Sync button doesn't has any point in my opinion.

2. I had the rate divisdion for sync with external midi wrong, so it did not work right. Now it does.
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2020-04-02 om 14.07.06.png