I need help understanding LFO Rate knob not reflecting hardware in the editor

Everything Sub.
Unsonore

I need help understanding LFO Rate knob not reflecting hardware in the editor

Post by Unsonore » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:58 am

Hello dear board,

I love that preset "Feedback Beat Pattern" on the Sub 37, it is part of my re-discovery of the instrument, so much beauty and greatness to uncover!

Now, with that preset, both MOD1 and MOD2 are subject to the mod wheel. When raising the mod wheel, a dramatic change occurs. LFO 1 modulates pitch and filter, as well as the OSC Wave.

The thing is, the sound is static, the LFO doesn't seem to cycle, which is great. My way of learning is trial and error, starting with presets, and using the Editor to see the current value of parameters.

In this case, I noticed what I believe is a bug but it could as well be something I don't understand :). It took me a while to figure out but, it seems that when Sync is ON for LFOs, then turning the knob on the synth doesn't reflect on the knob in the Editor (though the numerical value Clock Division is correct at the bottom of the editor.

Also, when loading said preset, the LFO Rate knob in the editor doesn't reflect the value in the preset.

Did anyone notice that? I'm knew here and am not sure how to report defects.

Kind regards.

Montfrooij

Re: I need help understanding LFO Rate knob not reflecting hardware in the editor

Post by Montfrooij » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:44 pm

From what I understand of the story it is correct.
When 'sync' is on the rate buttons change from tempo to division.
Either dividing the global clock or incoming clock (for that last part, sync has to be on on the arp section)

Unsonore

Re: I need help understanding LFO Rate knob not reflecting hardware in the editor

Post by Unsonore » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Thanks for you reply, I just saw it now :)

I figured that in the editor, the knob (which mirrors the one on the sub 37) is only used for when sync is OFF, and there is a chooser for the time division when sync is on, at the bottom of the editor. That was me not looking good enough :)