The editor and subsequent are not synchronized. Click ok to get all presets from the hardware

Everything Sub.
devilfish

The editor and subsequent are not synchronized. Click ok to get all presets from the hardware

Post by devilfish » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:46 am

every time i re-open the Plugin i getting this ad:

The editor and subsequent are not synchronized. Click ok to get all presets from the Hardware.
fail.jpg
I click ok, have to wait.. use the plugin.. close the plugin,.. after some work i re open the Plugin and again;
fail.jpg

pretty annoying, what is the problem ?

System:
Win10 (latest)
Cubase 10.5 (latest from Feb 2020)

devilfish

Re: The editor and subsequent are not synchronized. Click ok to get all presets from the hardware

Post by devilfish » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:16 am

the problem is still there...

Montfrooij

Re: The editor and subsequent are not synchronized. Click ok to get all presets from the hardware

Post by Montfrooij » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:32 pm

I also had it (for the first time) today.

Cypsilonib

Post by Cypsilonib » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:30 am

Hi, have you already found a solution to this issue?

I have the same problem and because of that the Subsequent 37 CV Editor is pretty much unusable in Cubase. I have Subsequent 37 CV. Operating System: Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit

The Editor always asks again to retrieve the presets from Subsequent when I change the track in Cubase and return to the Editor track. And it takes quite a long time every time. This can't be right? What settings need to be made to prevent this from happening again?

I would really like to use a lot of Subsequent 37 CV Editor! So would anyone know a solution to this problem?

Good Moog workers, can you help, please?

Chillminister

Post by Chillminister » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:50 pm

Same problem here - can't seem to find a way around it :(

Montfrooij

Post by Montfrooij » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:55 pm

In my case it was probably caused by one of my controllers.
I unplugged them all and had no issues ever since.
Tried them 1 by one and it turned out my mixer board was most likely the issue (probably because of the constant midi communication that it requires to get levels, time code etc. etc. ) so if I want to use that, I just don't use the Moog.
(and at that point, I will have recorded all audio anyway, so I don't need to)

Cypsilonib

Post by Cypsilonib » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:05 am

Hi again,

Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled Moog MIDI driver (Moog_Sub_37_USB_DriverSetup_v2.23.0) and the Subsequent 37 CV Editor (Subsequent37CV_Editor_v1.1.0) three times. Every time after that operation, it has seemed that the problem would be resolved, but as soon as I started to do my own setup options in the Editors 'EDITOR SETTINGS' and 'MIDI SETTINGS' menu, then the problem is back.

I've got the impression from these experiments that if I make even one wrong choice in the Editor, then it starts making that annoying request again: "The Editor and Subsequent 37 CVs are not synchronized. Click OK to get all presets from the hardware." And that there is nothing I can do after that except to uninstall and reinstall the Editor and the Moog MIDI Driver to get rid off the issue. It seems that the Editor is saving permanently information about these conflicting settings to computer and there is nothing you can do about it (except to uninstall & reinstall).

I have had to try different settings to get Subsequent to work with Cubase. I want to record and edit Subsequents controller data on Cubase. My Subsequent has always been connected directly to a USB port on my computer. But I also have M-Audio Midisport 2x2 and I have tried to get the Subsequent to work with it and also because of that I have had to experiment with different settings in the Editor.

And I don't understand this warning in Subsequent 37 CV Editor Users Manual: "WARNING: Before using your Subsequent 37 CV with a DAW, go to the GLOBAL SETTINGS section of the SETUP menu. Under the LOCAL CONTROL section – turn Keys, Wheels and Panel OFF to prevent MIDI issues. Be sure to turn these back ON when not in use with a DAW."

If I want to record e.g. cutoff and resonance movements to Cubase by rotating the Subsequent knobs, then ´PANEL' must be 'ON' and if I want the pitchbend and modulation wheel to work, then 'WHEELS' must be 'ON'and if I want the arpeggiator to work when I press down keys from my midi keyboard, then 'KEYS' must be 'ON'. Why would I turn all those fuctions off from Subsequents GLOBAL menu / LOCAL CONTROL when working with Cubase?

But, the situation is now, however, that Subsequent 37 CV Editor no longer asks "... to get all presets ...". Or if it asks, then it does it in the blink of an eye. My settings in the Editor (when used inside Cubase) are now as follows:

- MIDI INPUT: Subsequent 37 CV In
- MIDI OUTPUT: Subsequent 37 CV Out
- KB CONTROLLER: None

- IN PORTS: USB
- OUT PORTS: USB
- ECHO USB IN: USB
- ECHO DIN IN: None

The LIBRARIAN in the Editor still says: "HARDWARE DISCONNECTED", but nonetheless I can change presets by double clicking preset names there. And when I rotate the knobs of my Subsequent the movements show up in the Editor and also when I move the knobs in the Editor with mouse the sound changes.

And now I have three tracks in Cubase for Subsequent:

- PLAY Track (midi track) for playing and recording Subsequent with my midi keyboard (note data). Input Routing in Cubase: Fast Track Ultra External (my soundcard) and Output Routing: Subsequent 37 CV Out.

- MIDI CONTROLLER MOVEMENTS RECORD TRACK (midi track): To record Subsequent knob movements to Cubase. Cubase Input Routing: Subsequent 37 CV In. Output Routing: Not Connected. After recording I move the data to PLAY Track where it affects to the Subsequents sound when I hit play from Cubase. And I can also then edit the data in the play track if I want to.

- Editor Track (vst instrument track): The Subsequent 37 CV Editor. Input Routing in Cubase: Not Connected.

Now I have to stop, my brains are melting. Cheers, hope this helps someone! :)

Montfrooij

Post by Montfrooij » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:47 am

Any other midi (usb) devices connected?

Cypsilonib

Post by Cypsilonib » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:56 am

Yes, about a month ago I got a Behringer TD-3 and it shows up on Cubase and works well. And actually I got a Korg MS-20 Mini yesterday and there is a problem with it ... it doesn't show up on Cubase at all when I try to use it via a USB port. Its driver was installed without any problems, but it doesn't show up on Cubase. Its MIDI port does work, but I would like to use it via a USB port so I don't have to buy a new midi device/box.

Montfrooij

Post by Montfrooij » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:04 am

It is hard to pinpoint this from a distance without seeing what is happening.
All I can say is that my issue was resolved by unplugging all other USB midi hardware to find out that my mixer interface was the 'problem' (I can't hook up both).
Assuming you are on Windows, there are many problems on a system that could be the cause of this.

Do you have issues with the editor itself, or only with the VST?

Cypsilonib

Post by Cypsilonib » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:55 am

I think I also tried to unplug all the other instruments and just start Cubase with Subsequent, but it didn't help. And yeah, the same problem was with the standalone Editor. And my operating system is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Oh, and I have M-Audios Midisport 2x2 where I have connected Uno Drum and Nord Drum 3P. They work fine.

But like I said, everything seems to work now with the Subsequent and Cubase... if I'm carefull and don't do any changes to Editors settings anymore... and I don't have to now, because it's working.
Last edited by Cypsilonib on Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Montfrooij

Post by Montfrooij » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:59 am

Ok.
In that case I hope somebody else can jump in.

I know the editor can cause problems (I had that too) but it looks like your case is different.