New Catalina Version of Sub Editor Not Working

Everything Sub.
HumanByDesign

New Catalina Version of Sub Editor Not Working

Post by HumanByDesign » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:56 pm

So I just downloaded and installed the new 2.2.0 ver of Sub Phatty editor (no problems) but when I went to launch the program I got this message...
"Sub Phatty Editor" will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash.
This file was downloaded on an unknown date.

And the only options are to cancel the opening or move it to the trash. What happened? Never saw that before.
Phatty.png
edit: This appears to only affect the stand alone version of the editor as the Audio Unit version appears to be working, so far.

till

Re: New Catalina Version of Sub Editor Not Working

Post by till » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:15 am

Same here on the most recent macOS 10.15.3

Did they not test it before announcing it? Strange!
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

MaHah

Post by MaHah » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 am

It's a Mac Gatekeeper problem. Perhaps the developer signature is missing or pointing to the old version.

till

Post by till » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:30 pm

MaHah wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 am It's a Mac Gatekeeper problem. Perhaps the developer signature is missing or pointing to the old version.
But why is the new Minitaur Editor version release published on the very same day working fine? Something is different in these two releases made by the same programmer.

There is a date problem (see the screen shot above) on the SubPhatty Editor. So I guess it is a installer problem.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

HumanByDesign

Post by HumanByDesign » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:43 pm

I should also add, that the alternate scales editor which is included in the install package doesn't work either, as it is still a 32bit application (no 32bit apps run natively on macOS 10.15.x) If would be nice if that was fixed too.

VocoVacca

Post by VocoVacca » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:02 pm

If you're feeling adventurous, you can try bypassing the malware gatekeeper:

1. Install v2.2.0 of the Sub Phatty Editor as you normally would (double-click the .pkg downloaded from Moog).
2. Locate the Sub Phatty Editor in your Applications folder.
3. Select the app (single-click) and Get Info (cmd-I, or right-click/control-click to get the popup menu)
4. Check "Override Malware Protection" in the Info window, and close it.
5. Launch the Sub Phatty Editor app.

subphatty_editor-malware_fix.png

I would normally NOT override malware protection, except that I know this was downloaded from Moog. Got a feeling that Moog software dev didn't correctly sign and notarize the app before they released it.

Other good news: Looks like they fixed the Sub Phatty Librarian functions. I could never make preset Send and Get to work until now.
Be safe and have fun. :)
Moog One 16, Matriarch, Mother-32, Subharmonicon, DFAM, Mavis, SubPhatty; Nord Wave 2, Nord Drum 3; ASM Hydrasynth; Teenage Engineering POM-400; Yamaha P-140 piano.