Syncing Mother-32 sequencer with Sub 37 sequencer

Everything Sub.
Arp_p

Syncing Mother-32 sequencer with Sub 37 sequencer

Post by Arp_p » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:38 am

Hi,

I own a Subsequent 37 and I want to buy a mother-32, but I am wondering if it is possible to sync the Mother-32 sequencer with the tempo of the subsequent 37? In other words, the only thing I want to do is to: send MIDI clock from my daw to my subsequent 37 (something that I already do with success) then send the MIDI clock out from the subsequent to the MIDI in of the mother-32, in that way both sequencers (sub 37 and the mother-32) will be in sync and I can play different sequences in the same tempo. Is this possible? Somebody out there in the moog community that can point me in the right direction? I would appreciate any info. Cheers!

Suspish

Re: Syncing Mother-32 sequencer with Sub 37 sequencer

Post by Suspish » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:19 pm

Yes, that should be no problem at all. You will need to make sure you look at the midi send options on the Sub-37, and have it send usb out on the midi din cable, but it is pretty simple with a quick glance at the manual for the proper settings.

Arp_p

Re: Syncing Mother-32 sequencer with Sub 37 sequencer

Post by Arp_p » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:01 am

Awesome, thanks for your reply. I look at the manual and I found this:
"ECHO USB IN (MIDI MENU 2.4) This parameter takes incoming MIDI data from the USB PORT and merges it with the data being sent from the Subsequent 37 to the selected MIDI OUT port(s). This allows the MIDI Output (5-pin DIN and/ or USB) to also act as a MIDI Merge. The choices are OFF (default), DIN, USB, or BOTH. "
Now, if only I could sync the DFAM directly to the Sub 37 ;-).. That would be cool, but instead I am thinking on buying a mother 32 first and the buying a DFAM and possibly sync all three :-).
Cheers!