Beginner Sub Phatty Issue

Everything Sub.
Birchy

Beginner Sub Phatty Issue

Post by Birchy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:49 am

Hi everyone, I’m new to synths and recently bought a Sub Phatty. I’ve plugged it into an amp but can’t seem to get any sound out of it. I tried plugging a jack into the KB gate and only got a drone hum sound that I couldn’t control with any of the knobs. The only buttons that are lighting up are the LFO rate and the top path preset. Pressing any of the others doesn’t seem to do anything.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

Tobster

Re: Beginner Sub Phatty Issue

Post by Tobster » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:16 am

Your amplifier should be plugged into the jack labeled AUDIO OUT. There is also a jack on the front for headphones. If you don't have an owner's manual you can download one here:

https://api.moogmusic.com/sites/default ... Manual.pdf

Birchy

Post by Birchy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:35 pm

Thanks for your reply, it seems the issue is that I need a power converter as I am in the UK and the synth came from America.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:31 pm

I understand the internal power supply is able to make the conversion internally. That shouldn't be an issue

It seem to me like an unproperly installed firmware
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Birchy

Post by Birchy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:10 am

Oh right, in that case how would I rectify this?