Verifying that midi settings can't be changed per preset

Everything Sub.
paulyc

Verifying that midi settings can't be changed per preset

Post by paulyc » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:53 pm

It seems that midi in and out settings are global but I wanted to verify. I'd like to occasionally transmit or receive data from another keyboard for certain presets but I don't think I can do it with the Moog. The problem is when I assign a channel out it's always transmitting to that keyboard and I need to find a way to block that transmission unless it's on a patch where I want them communicating. It would be easiest if I could change midi in or out from none to a DIN setting on a preset when needed from my Sub-37. I thought it's a good idea to verify my assumption.

till

Re: Verifying that midi settings can't be changed per preset

Post by till » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:31 pm

Yes, these setting are global as on all non multitimbral synths I can think of.
As it is more likely you change your setup once and then need only to change the global setting is easier as changing every patch once you set your masterkeyboard or other item in your system to a different MIDI channel.

I recommend using a flexible MIDI router that is able to change its setting on calling a new patch via the MIDI Bank and Patch select messages.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

paulyc

Re: Verifying that midi settings can't be changed per preset

Post by paulyc » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:00 am

Thanks for that. I'll have to see if I can get my Kurzweil to block the incoming channel though that doesn't seem obvious from the manual. Or start looking for a midi router that will take such commands.