Sub Phatty Midi Note Re-triggering in Logic ProX

Everything Sub.
zaxmalloy

Sub Phatty Midi Note Re-triggering in Logic ProX

Post by zaxmalloy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:12 am

Recently my Sub Phatty, whether used as a controller or as en external synth, is creating what sounds like stuck notes in Logic Pro X. Happens 100% of the time, does not matter which key/note is pressed. The LPX Midi monitor in time display and monitoring in the Environment actually shows notes rapidly re-triggering. Once started, the Editor "Prefs" can't be opened nor can invoking LPX Midi Panic stop it. The only way to stop it is to power down the synth and/or Force Quit LPX.

At this point, I'd just like some way to get a clean start - some sort of default where it will just reliably work.

I've tried changing every setting in the Sub Phatty Editor, within Logic and in stand alone, such as Gate Source, Midi Echo, Local On/Off, etc. and trashed Logic Preferences and deleted All Controller Settings. Somehow I did get it to work yesterday after hours of plugging, unplugging and changing software settings only to have the same problem when opening the same project in Logic today....and trying to repeat changes are not curing the problem. Suggestions made in thread searches on the internet and this forum are coming up empty.

This problem is new - I've had my Sub Phatty for years and troubleshooting has always been easy and rarely necessary. The same behavior is not happening when using other external synths in LPX or when using Numerology stand alone where the midi input is more discrete as opposed to the way Logic "sums" Midi inputs. I have tried disconnecting the Sum input in Logic's environment but that does not fix the problem.

Appreciate any help.

Should it matter, Mac Mini Server (Mid 2011) 2ghz Corei7 with 16MB with OSX Sierra and Logic Pro X 10.4.4
MIDI Controller Axiom 25 1st Gen