Patches getting overwritten - Subsequent

Everything Sub.
richradio2001

Patches getting overwritten - Subsequent

Post by richradio2001 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi

I recently bought a Moog Subsequent 37 and now and then it seems that patches are being duplicated and copied over to other patch locations in the same bank. For example, patch 1-14 has somehow ended up in 14, 15, and 16. I definitely haven't done that...so I've lost the patches in 15 and 16.

Is there some shortcut to saving patches in the next patch that I might be doing without realising!? Anyone else had this?

Its rather disconcerting as you can imagine! Help!!!?

Regards

richradio2001

Re: Patches getting overwritten - Subsequent

Post by richradio2001 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi

has no one ever seen this issue!??

:(

RobustAmerican

Post by RobustAmerican » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Howdy!

Are you using the editor? Do you have it connected to a computer? Without more info on how you are using it this becomes guess work.
I've never seen this problem on my Sub 37.

Good luck.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:40 am

Like RobustAmerican, I'm also wondering if there's a MIDI loop going on somewhere.

That would certainly explain it.

So... Can you make this happen if there are no USB or 5-pin DIN MIDI connections?
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

maus3r

Post by maus3r » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:50 am

Hi, I'm experiencing the exact same thing, overwriting/duplicate appearing presets, and also some other buggy behavior like losing connection and continuous triggering (note on) of arp/seq patches (like the latch behavior, except I didn't put a note down myself). I've yet to determine the root cause, but I suspect some buggy midi feedback behavior is occurring when using USB midi in combination with the VST editor. I've disabled All Local Control and also disabled program change (send & receive) and still the issues occur. Echo is also off and I've tried to put the input and output channel on different channels. This is really disappointing, since I cannot reliable use this synth with my DAW. The one thing left to test, is to buy some DIN midi cables and disabling USB. I will report back if the behavior still occurs when only using DIN.

Here is some relevant info:

Subsequent 37
Windows 10
Ableton 10
Using external instrument and the VST editor for the connection
Connection via USB (will try DIN later on) directly into the computer (no hub connection)
Babyface Pro audio interface
All Local Control OFF

I've some other equipment connected as well, Ableton Push 2, Maschine, Roland RD-1000 etc.,