saving presets when multitracking?

Everything Sub.
MarkScrivener

saving presets when multitracking?

Post by MarkScrivener » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:44 am

The Sub 37 plug-in is great for saving (and recalling) the preset used when you add a Sub 37 track to a project in your DAW, but only one instance per project can be used. So how do you keep track of all the settings you used when you add several Sub 37 tracks to a project? Currently I'm just adding a text field to each track with the name of the preset I used, but it sure would be nice to have multiple instances of the plug-in where opening an instance would recall the settings (for that instance) on the Sub 37.

How are others doing this? The Sub 37 is such a great tool, even with non-synth genres like rock/pop/country/fusion/etc I often find ways to use more than one Sub 37 track, and would be great if I could quickly and easily recall all of those settings when going back to edit a project.....

Chimponaut

Re: saving presets when multitracking?

Post by Chimponaut » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Couldn't you just "save as" in the DAW and add the preset name to the project's name? This would leave you a nice trail to get back to a specific sound. Not as nice as multiple instances but it should work.

When I work in Nuendo with 1 synth only, I use the track versions. Each take (new sound) that gets added gets a new track version with the preset name included. I save each preset used and catalogue anything that might be needed in the track's notepad section.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

MarkScrivener

Post by MarkScrivener » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:27 pm

hummm.....save as could be useful, but since other things in the project might have changed it is prob cleaner to just create presets and then store this text in the track info....not ideal as the preset could be modified, but best I have right now.

stewdio

Post by stewdio » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:16 pm

I’ve always just set up a duplicate midi track and recorded a sysex buffer send - then the next time I open the session I can get my 37 back exactly the way it was without going through the editor. Fast and easy!
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~