Moog Sub 37 interfering with the Minitaur MIDI

Everything Sub.
papawise

Moog Sub 37 interfering with the Minitaur MIDI

Post by papawise » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:05 am

Hi guys,
any help will be very welcome,

The Sub 37 MIDI automation seems to be interfering with the Minitaur MIDI and viceversa.
For example when I try to automate the Filter Cutoff in the Sub 37 also changes the parameter in the Minitaur automation.
How to solve this? is this a bug?

thanks in advance.
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

Quatschmacher

Re: Moog Sub 37 interfering with the Minitaur MIDI

Post by Quatschmacher » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:26 am

Are both units using the same MIDI channel? That could be a possible cause.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:58 am

papawise wrote:The Sub 37 MIDI automation seems to be interfering with the Minitaur MIDI and vice versa.
Hi papawise,

No, it's not a bug.
There are only so many unique CC#s (Continuous Controller numbers) per MIDI Channel.

If the two units have to be on the same MIDI Channel, both units will respond to CC#s shared by them.

And a synth with as many knobs and buttons as a Sub 37 is going to use up most or all of the CC#s.

You can tell the Sub 37 to NOT send front-panel MIDI CC#s in the MIDI MENU/OUT FILTERS/MIDI OUTPUT page.

Just set PANEL to OFF and the front panel knobs and switches will no longer send CC#s or NRPN.

You can also use the Minitaur Editor to access the MIDI CC FILTER parameter.

But, if the two units don't have to be on the same MIDI Channel, then the solution is easy.
Just give them each their own unique MIDI Channel (as suggested by Quatschmacher).
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

conradk

Post by conradk » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:26 am

Some really cool functionality using the Sub 37 as an integrated controller. IMHO Using Midi CC Filter OFF is a BFH approach. :-(

FWIW, the Sirin is the same way which is not a surprise. The Sirin manual even says Minitaur in a few spots instead of Sirin. Would have been nice to have functionality in the Minitaur/Sirin app to specify all or specific messages to ignore. Or, even, learn/remap.

I guess I need to research the discontinued products bin - i.e. MidiMerge, MOTU, etc. particularly if I want to add a Minitaur to the mix.