LFO Timing Off. All tips appreciated!

Everything Sub.
LFO.Source

LFO Timing Off. All tips appreciated!

Post by LFO.Source » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi all!

So glad I discovered this forum!

I have owned and loved my Sub37 for 2 years now and am no stranger to analog synthesis and programming...however, I am a bit stumped as to what to try next to solve my problem.

I always noticed the LFO was not completely in sync with my project's tempo (Cubase 9.5) and for melodic sounds is did not irk me much...but now that I have started programming percussive sounds with the LFOs the timing discrepancies (as much as 8 ms) are starting to drive me crazy.

Just to clarify, the SUB37 does sync with Cubase and when I wrote above "not completely" I am referring to the up to 8ms timing discrepancies that have become more noticeable with percussive sounds.

I use the LFOs to modulate the filter and only use noise to generate the percussive sounds.

I did some experiments tonight and even with just very basic 1/4 note's filtering the noise I am getting a few beats in time, then a few beats 3-4 ms to late, then up to 8ms early...then some in time again.

I tested the unit with both USB & DIN connections and it made no difference.

I do not know what else to try at this point and my other synths don't do this.

I am running the latest firmware (1.2.0)

Any tips as to what I should try or change would be a really big help. I am open to all suggestions!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from some of you!

mmarsh100

Re: LFO Timing Off. All tips appreciated!

Post by mmarsh100 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Have you tried turning on key sync for the LFO? It should restart the LFO on each note and might help a bit.