selector switches don't click

Everything Sub.
bronsonsn

selector switches don't click

Post by bronsonsn » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:47 pm

brand new moog Sub37 all the selector switches except 1 do not click when you turn them they just kind of slide into the next position. the selectors do work but operation is rather funky - also we have 1 knob that seems to have a dead zone in the mechanical function of the knob (envelope generator knob) not a software issue but a mechanical issue. a small amount of play in the knob that creates a looseness where you can wiggle the knob a bit clockwise and counterclockwise without actually turning the knob. I pulled off the cap to make sure it wasn't the cap that just wasn't on all the way and this did not fix the issue. has anyone else noticed this with their unit?

thanks

DrJustice

Re: selector switches don't click

Post by DrJustice » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 am

It should not be like that. All the S37s I've tried have a light, but positive, latching action on all the rotary switches. The envelope pot issue sounds like a defect pot, with a wiper that's loosely attached to the axle. Very unlucky there - you should get a replacement.

bronsonsn

Post by bronsonsn » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Thank you for your reply. The instrument with the pot issue is actually the replacement. We have 2 machines at the moment comparing. So if you had to decide on which was the lesser of the two concerns which would you choose - the original that has the selector switch issue or the replacement that has the pot issue?

thanks again!

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:34 pm

I think that's an "impossible" question... I would demand a non-defective replacement, or go to another dealer. However, if this is the only way to get your hands on a Sub 37, and your dealer can't deliver a defect free product, they (or you...) can contact Moog tech support and check if a replacement panel board can be shipped out. Use [email protected] or US telephone 828-251-0090.