Sub37 Pitch Bend Wheel as Mod Source?

Everything Sub.
Improved Morris

Sub37 Pitch Bend Wheel as Mod Source?

Post by Improved Morris » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:27 am

Hey Sub37 fans, I have a question for you: was ‘Pitch Bend Wheel as ModSource’ a feature that ended up not being included? Shout out if you know anything about it.

See page 42 of the manual:
“BEND DEST (PRESET EDIT MENU 2.4)
This selects which of the two oscillators will respond to the PITCH wheel. NONE will send no pitch bend control to either oscillator. This allows you to use the PITCH wheel for other MOD destinations. …”

That last sentence suggests the pitch bend wheel could be a Mod Source. It doesn’t explictly say so, and is a bit unclear - perhaps that sentence should be deleted?

I don’t find mention of this setting anywhere else. Note the Mod Wheel and Pitch Bend wheel are the only features (besides the keys, ha) that do not get their own dedicated section in the manual (or on the big cheat sheet), which would have been the place to describe this feature.

DrJustice

Re: Sub37 Pitch Bend Wheel as Mod Source?

Post by DrJustice » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:13 am

Your observations are correct.

The Sub 37 needs one final firmware update to fix the remaining bugs and niggles, and to complete what you've mentioned. If they ever do that and make the pitch wheel a mod source, I'd hope they'd do it for the mod wheel and aftertouch too - I've explained the roundabout way of making the modwheel control e.g. filter cutoff a few times; this most common modwheel assignment of all times is unintuitive. I'm not holding my breath for that update though; sadly, the Sub 37 seems to have been abandoned a long time ago.

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:32 am

I’m still hopeful of a firmware update. I sent some bug reports to Amos a couple of months ago and got a reply to the effect that there would be one.

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:05 am

That's great news! I wish they would communicate a bit with us though. They used to respond to postings on the forum and confirm bugs etc..

Improved Morris

Post by Improved Morris » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:21 am

Hey DrJ, cheers for the response :)

On the update situation, was there ever a consolidated list of items? The wishlist thread covers a lot of ground, but apart from the classics everyone wanted (screen display of bpm and current & present parameter values) was there any sense of what was most wanted? I compiled a rough list for my own interest & learning, though the mix of ‘wanted items’ and ‘bugs to fix’ gets a bit messy.

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:32 pm

DrJustice wrote:That's great news! I wish they would communicate a bit with us though. They used to respond to postings on the forum and confirm bugs etc..
They are responding really quickly via their live chat on the website. It even shows when someone is waiting ready to answer questions.