Sub 37 Editor Constantly Disconnecting

Everything Sub.
Palm

Sub 37 Editor Constantly Disconnecting

Post by Palm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi,

The issue is completely arbitrary. It will stop connecting to the synth between sessions and even in the middle of sessions - and nothing at all has changed. Rebooting fixes it 2/10 times. The only thing that works every time is reinstalling the plugin and reinstalling the firmware on the Sub 37.

I am constantly getting the "The Editor cannot connect to the hardware." error. My DAW has absolutely no problem reading that the Sub is connected, and it sends and receives MIDI information to and from it with no issues.

Windows 10, Cubase Pro 8.5, connected via USB.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for possibly solving this? Beyond making sure my drivers are all up to date and reinstalling things constantly, I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Quatschmacher

Re: Sub 37 Editor Constantly Disconnecting

Post by Quatschmacher » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Could this be the USB ports going into a power-saving or sleep mode?

Palm

Post by Palm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:24 pm

Quatschmacher wrote:Could this be the USB ports going into a power-saving or sleep mode?
I don't think so, since again the rest of the MIDI connects through there and never stops reading - also I have tried resetting my USB connection, which doesn't work. I'll try other USB ports just for good measure.

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Are you using a USB hub? They can sometimes be problematic.

Palm

Post by Palm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Quatschmacher wrote:Are you using a USB hub? They can sometimes be problematic.
No USB hubs.

progendev

Post by progendev » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:43 pm

When i had problems like this, I actually solved the problem by simply switching to a new USB cable. Even though the previous cable seemed to work fine for other tasks, i guess it just wasn't up to snuff for the kind of throughput necessary for this MIDI connection.

So for anyone having this problem - buy a new, high quality USB cable. And only use it for this and try not to let it get kinked or abused. Note that I generally don't have any problems with using a *powered* USB hub. As long as the hub has its own power supply, is decent quality and your USB bus isn't being slammed with a ton of other activity, a hub should be fine.