Subsequent 37 bug

Everything Sub.
Quatschmacher

Subsequent 37 bug

Post by Quatschmacher » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:31 am

I think I may have found a bug in the Subsequent 37. I’m on the latest firmware version.

Set Mod Bus 1 as follows:
mod source to “constant on”;
mod depth to 5;
mod destination to mod bus 2’s LFO “hi range” button;
Mod wheel to 100% in the controllers menu.

When raising the mod wheel one would expect the “high range” button to illuminate once the mod wheel reaches the halfway point. (This is the normal behaviour when assigning the mod destination to any other on/off switch, keeping all other settings the same.) However, in the current instance, the switch illuminates when the mod wheel is significantly below the halfway mark. (In fact, the only way I could get the button to illuminate when the mod wheel was raised to its mid-point was by setting “mod depth” to 4.

The same behaviour occurs when routing to mod 1’s “hi range” button. It also occurs when routing mod bus 2 to either mod bus’s “hi range” button.

The above can be replicated on any patch (including a fresh init patch).

Can anybody replicate this on their Subsequent or Sub?

bichuelo

Re: Subsequent 37 bug

Post by bichuelo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Indeed, I followed your precise instructions and that is the behavior

However, I couldn't tell if this is by design, or a bug
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Quatschmacher

Re: Subsequent 37 bug

Post by Quatschmacher » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Good to know. I’m waiting to hear back from the email I sent at the same time as my initial post.