Selling Sub Phatty & moving on

Everything Sub.
SophieK

Selling Sub Phatty & moving on

Post by SophieK » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:50 am

Hi! I've decided to take the plunge and go for a Sub 37, however I already own a Sub Phatty. I am thinking of putting the money from the Phatty to get the 37 after some saving. I was wondering if I will pay tax on selling the Phatty? I bought it slightly used at a stupid cheap price. Is it worth worrying about or not? I'm looking to get around £550 for the sale (not researched hugely so might change) and according to this tax calculator that would be like £200 out of the sale. Is this so?

Many thanks in advance

Quatschmacher

Re: Selling Sub Phatty & moving on

Post by Quatschmacher » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Sub Phattys have been selling on eBay for £400 and you can still get a new one for £600. You don’t need to pay tax on something you’re selling. You might pay commission fees if selling through a shop or eBay. You could trade it towards the price of a new one from a shop but often you’ll get more money selling it privately.

Space Lee

Post by Space Lee » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:34 am

I did that, and i can tell you: don't get rid of the Sub Phatty just yet if you don't have to, because the way of working with the Sub Phatty is unique and really fast.
Sub 37 Bob Moog Tribute Edition | Sub Phatty | Win10 pro 64bit | MOTU 828mk3 fw

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Space Lee wrote:I did that, and i can tell you: don't get rid of the Sub Phatty just yet if you don't have to, because the way of working with the Sub Phatty is unique and really fast.
The original poster is planning on replacing it with the Subsequent, which is equally easy to use. In fact, in many ways it’s easier as many more functions are accessible on the front panel which, on the Sub Phatty, require shift menu commands.