BUG - high note priority

Everything Sub.
zaiusz

BUG - high note priority

Post by zaiusz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:06 am

Being inspired by the MG-1's synth architecture of simultaneous lead synth with poly section through filter, I thought I'd try something similar on my sub 37... sending a poly synth into the input of the 37 and set both oscillators to high note priority to always have that lead type sound over polyphony. The sub 37 is set to play the poly synth over midi for a similar behavior to the MG1. I guess I really like the way it all sounds going through the one filter.

Well, I can't seem to get the 37's high note priority working properly and it seems to be bugged. The sub 37 seems to not respond reliably to legato playing up the keys when either global or preset menu option is set to high. It might sometimes catch some of the higher notes occasionally but never catches neighboring keys.. only sometimes ones about 4 keys up or if you play fast. I'm on the last firmware 1.2.0, can anyone else confirm this is the case or am I just missing something?

bichuelo

Re: BUG - high note priority

Post by bichuelo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Yes, this is a known bug
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

zaiusz

Re: BUG - high note priority

Post by zaiusz » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:03 pm

I see... tried googling it but couldn't find anything about it but a search here with some digging I found someone else reporting it.

Hard to believe they haven't done much about it, at this point I doubt they'd ever fix it since it's probably too old to bother and not many seem to care. Oh well, still kind of works when I put the synth in duo mode.

Ran my Jupiter 4 as a poly section into the filter and it sounds beautiful together