stuck notes - internal loop?

Everything Sub.
eltho

stuck notes - internal loop?

Post by eltho » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi all,

Often my Sub 37 gets stuck and keeps playing a long note. I read about pushing up and down octave together and that mostly stops the continuous sound. But then when moving to the next preset and shaping a sound, 10 seconds later it happens again. I've had this when using only the audio out and when connected to my DAW (Logic X). Firmware is 1.2.0 (released 2017-02-13) which is the most recent one.

Very annoying!

Also when connecte to my DAW and trying to sync the arpeggiator (using the tap/sync button) half of the times suddenly there is no more output and the only thing that helps is moving to an other preset/program or switching it off/on.

Don't know if these two problems are related in anyway, but the first seems to be something within the Sub 37, while the other one seems to be some kind of communication error between the DAW and the synth...

Any insights/tips?

Thanks!

Bayonasaurus

Re: stuck notes - internal loop?

Post by Bayonasaurus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:01 am

yeah mate, same thing is happening to me.. I bought it second hand about 6 weeks ago and this issue has just started to happen now.
No idea what the go is but is SUCKS ASS! not only does it hold notes but it only responds randomly when I press the keys, it behaves normally for a couple of minutes after I power on/off but starts again soon after.. don't know what to do :( I've just re-calibrated so will see if that helps. I'll let you know if I find a fix, please do the same :)

Bayonasaurus

Post by Bayonasaurus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 am

calibration did nothing.. now I'm only getting a sound on the 16th press of a note??? one note then nothing for 15 steps..

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:26 am

Bayonasaurus wrote:now I'm only getting a sound on the 16th press of a note??? one note then nothing for 15 steps..
Is there polychain on the Sub 37 ? If so, this may be the same problem some members encountered on the LP. Try resetting the polychain parameters.

Bayonasaurus

Post by Bayonasaurus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:51 am

stiiiiiiive wrote:
Bayonasaurus wrote:now I'm only getting a sound on the 16th press of a note??? one note then nothing for 15 steps..
Is there polychain on the Sub 37 ? If so, this may be the same problem some members encountered on the LP. Try resetting the polychain parameters.

YES! I must have messed with the settings after the sticky note business.. that solved the main issue, thank you so much :)
I can pack up the bass station now :D

eltho

Post by eltho » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 am

well, I have reset the poly parameters to any setting, but the problem persists.

Only the Sub37 connected to the DAW (over USB)
Am I right to state that the correct setting is
Poly number OFF
Poly max 1?

I have even had this problem when playing it as a pure stand-alone synth, connecting only a jack on the audio-output... Was driving me craaaaaaaazy!

On PRESSURE CAL I did see the sensor flash randomly between all numbers 12 to 36, so maybe there is a flaw there and it sees a little bit of pressure all the time? But then this value is way under the standard minimum of 200. I upped the minimum to 300 and the problem seems to be gone (for) now. Fingers crossed...

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:10 pm

eltho wrote:Often my Sub 37 gets stuck and keeps playing a long note. I read about pushing up and down octave together and that mostly stops the continuous sound. But then when moving to the next preset and shaping a sound, 10 seconds later it happens again. I've had this when using only the audio out and when connected to my DAW (Logic X). Firmware is 1.2.0 (released 2017-02-13) which is the most recent one.
Hi eltho,

Sorry if this has already been suggested but...

What happens if you're connected to your DAW via USB, but then go to:

GLOBAL MENU/LOCAL CONTROL/ALL, on your Sub 37, and set it to OFF?

If you're still hearing the Sub 37 playing when you play keys, you'll know that your DAW is echoing the MIDI messages it gets right back to the Sub 37.

This will cause great confusion if LOCAL is On and your DAW is echoing MIDI as Note Ons and Note Offs are duplicated and layered slightly out of time with each other.

The solution will either be:

Leave GLOBAL MENU/LOCAL CONTROL/ALL set to OFF

or...

Stop your DAW from echoing incoming MIDI messages back to the Sub 37.

Hope that helps!
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

eltho

Post by eltho » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:00 pm

hey DemonDan,

thanks for your insights! Will surely check that on the DAW (Logic).
But why does it happen when the Sub37 is connected only to my MPC?

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:22 pm

eltho wrote:hey DemonDan,
thanks for your insights! Will surely check that on the DAW (Logic).
But why does it happen when the Sub37 is connected only to my MPC?
Hi eltho,

Some devices default to MIDI Echo Thru On, and some default to MIDI Echo Thru Off
(Or whatever that brand calls it.)

It's at least a plausible explanation.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _