Presets

Everything Sub.
hawklord

Presets

Post by hawklord » Sat May 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Just purchased a Subsequent 37, however I can only access 144
presets. Have tried a factory restore - but still only the 144 as opposed to
the 256 I should have. From Bnk 10 preset 01 onwards it says Init Preset and
all have the same basic sound. Please help!!!!

DrJustice

Re: Presets

Post by DrJustice » Sat May 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Moog doesn't fill up the preset banks completely. The Sub 37 comes with 128 presets IIRC. For the Subsequent that leaves you with 112 preset locations for your own sounds, before you have to start overwriting the factory presets.

hawklord

Post by hawklord » Sat May 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Thank you DrJustice. The manual and sales literature is confusing as it states 16 banks of 16 presets, ie 256 presets. I have tried connecting the sub 37 to the editor, installed on my computer via a usb cable so that I could download some more presets, however it asks for the Midi in and Midi out to be set up as well as not recognising the connection between synth and computer. The midi input offers no options, the midi in offers 1 - microsoft G5 wave. Under hardware presets it says hardware disconnected.
Sorry for being vague, this is my first moog, I'm used to EMS VCS3, Nords, Korgs & Rolands!

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Sat May 19, 2018 3:46 pm

If you're on Windows, you have to install the Sub 37 USB drivers before the editor will connect with your synth. You may also have to install the latest firmware on the synth (regardless of whether you're using PC or Mac).

The USB driver and firmware should be in the folder structure of the ZIP archive. I'm not sure about the exact folder structure and names, as I've got the older Sub 37 - perhaps it's as simple as there's "Subsequent" instead of Sub" in the folder and file -names. Neither do I know the exact version numbers. Unfortunately, and strangely, the Editor package is only provided to registered users by an e-mailed link, so I have no way of getting hold of the Subsequent version to verify the filenames etc..

There should be a folder named something like "Sub 37 USB MIDI Driver" where you'll find the driver installer for your version of Windows
("...\Sub_37_Editor_v1_0_0\Sub 37 Editor 1.0.0\Windows\Sub 37 USB MIDI Driver" for the SUb 37)

Alternatively, you can download the USB driver from Moog here.

The firmware should be in a folder named something like "Sub 37 Firmware vX.Y.Z".
("...\Editor\Sub_37_Editor_v1_0_0.zip\Sub_37_Editor_v1_0_0\Sub 37 Firmware vX.Y.Z" for the Sub 37)

When this is done, you should be able to chose "MOOG SUB 37" in the editor setup for the MIDI connection (or perhaps "MOOG SUBSEQUENT 37" in your case).

There may be a "READ_ME_FIRST.pdf" file or similar in the archive with some instructions for this process.

hawklord

Post by hawklord » Sat May 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Many thanks again. I have loaded the latest firmware but not surfe if i've updated the driver - I'll check that.

hawklord

Post by hawklord » Sun May 20, 2018 1:19 pm

The driver was installed. I reloaded the firmware that was supplied by Moog (version 1.2.0) after registering the synth. Still no joy. However I went on to the Moog site and looked under downloads a later version was available for download 1.3.2, I downloaded this and was then able to go in to set up, change the Midi in & out settings & load up other pre sets. Odd that the firmware from Moog via their email was an older version and would not enable all aspects of set up to be used.
So DrJustice, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Sun May 20, 2018 6:32 pm

hawklord wrote:Just purchased a Subsequent 37, however I can only access 144
presets. Have tried a factory restore - but still only the 144 as opposed to
the 256 I should have. From Bnk 10 preset 01 onwards it says Init Preset and
all have the same basic sound. Please help!!!!
There’s nothing wrong. Only banks 1-9 (so 144 presets) are populated upon shipping from the factory. The rest are initialised patches for you to start creating.

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Sun May 20, 2018 7:15 pm

hawklord wrote:The driver was installed. I reloaded the firmware that was supplied by Moog (version 1.2.0) after registering the synth. Still no joy. However I went on to the Moog site and looked under downloads a later version was available for download 1.3.2, I downloaded this and was then able to go in to set up, change the Midi in & out settings & load up other pre sets. Odd that the firmware from Moog via their email was an older version and would not enable all aspects of set up to be used.
So DrJustice, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Ah... do you have the CV model then? Anyway, good to hear that you got it going. Enjoy your S37 - it's a lovely instrument! :D