sub 37 screen issue

Everything Sub.
raftorella

sub 37 screen issue

Post by raftorella » Tue May 15, 2018 11:57 am

hi, been using the sub 37 for few months and is a great synth but lately an issues has developed with the lcd.
black vertical lights lines across the screen.depend what is shown in the screen sometimes makes it hard to read the words and sometimes impossible.is this a fault with the actual lcd or software related?

DrJustice

Re: sub 37 screen issue

Post by DrJustice » Tue May 15, 2018 3:13 pm

Sounds like a hardware issue with the LCD module, its cable/connector or the driver.

If the synth is out of warranty and/or you fell like having a go at it by yourself, you could open it up and reseat the connector to see if that helps. If not, I guess it's off for repair.

raftorella

Post by raftorella » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

thanks, for the reply. I never opened a synth.is easy to do, resetting the cable?

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm

If you don't have any experience with servicing or working on electronics, I think you should hand it off to a tech.

It's easy to open, although a little fiddly to get to the connector; you may have to take out the left hand panel board, but for an experienced tech it's quick work. In electronics servicing there's a saying "always suspect the cable" since connections are a very common point of failure and often the first thing you check. Of course it may be something other than the cable/connector, it's just the first thing I'd look at.

raftorella

Post by raftorella » Thu May 17, 2018 6:07 pm

ok.thanks