Sub37 Arp Playback and Hardware Issues

Everything Sub.
teiko

Sub37 Arp Playback and Hardware Issues

Post by teiko » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 am

Hey guys,

I discovered some strange behaviour of my Sub37 which seems not normal to me.

When playing the Arp in "Down" Mode everything is working fine, but as soon as I change e.g. to "Up" Mode the playback is totally messed up.
Also when pressing the "Back/Forth" Button the same happens.
It can also be seen that the hardware is not reacting to button pressing of the range buttons when in this strange mode.

I have made a video, maybe somebody could try to reproduce this issue ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4xIw26J2_I

As you can see the USB and MIDI cables are unplugged, so there should be no affection.
The firmware version the latest 1.2.0.

I would be thankful for any advice!

Thanks and Cheers!

*** UPDATE 1: Ok, I found out it seems to be primarily a problem of currupted patches.

When I start the Sub it will load automatically the last active preset. So in this case it loaded a self-made preset I made today. After I press INIT the issues can be reproduced.
Now when I select a factory setting, e.g. Bank 1/ Preset 1 and then press INIT the Arp is working fine and no issues can be reproduced.
After change back to my own preset again and again initializing the issue comes back.

So it seems there occured some corruption of code in some preset in the past and it was somehow given to each next preset which was created instantly afterwards.

Also I conclude the INIT button seems to miss some settings/memory area to be correctly initialized? .....

PS: I have participated in the Sub37 Editor Beta Test which also included several beta firmware versions I have installed during that time. I can remember I had already some corrupted patch issue somewhen during that time ..

*** UPDATE 2: Another bad finding - It seems the corruption root cause comes somehow from my PANEL mode. So when I change to PANEL mode and press INIT it has the issues. Unfortunately it doesn't help to load up a factory preset since switching back to PANEL everything is loaded back from the current machine settings.

Is there any way for MOOG to analyze an exported patch for such corruption ?
Or can I init the panel settings besides the physical controls in any way ?
Effectively I cannot use the PANEL mode anymore :cry:
Last edited by teiko on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 Prof. X64 / Ableton Live 11 / Slim Phatty V3.21, Sub37 V1.20 / Moog USB Driver 4.25.0

PeterA89

Re: Sub37 Arp Playback and Hardware Issues

Post by PeterA89 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:48 am

Hi!

I had the same issue where the arp on my Subsequent 37 didn't work at all(lag, clicks, pops - you name it). Came here for help and your finding that there was a corrupt patch helped me to find the solution. So I thought I'd had to register and post it here for anyone as lost as I was. :)

I found that all my patches that I'd made starting from the "Panel" button had this issue with the malfunctioning arp. So ALWAYS start a new sound from a INIT patch or else there might be trouble(or use BANK+Panel).

You can fix your old patches though! :D Here's how:

When you start a patch from the Panel button the Sub may still have some sequencing data saved and hidden. So erase the sequence and then check the clock for the arp. All of my patches had a arp clock divider of "2.", change that to "1/16" and you should have a functioning ARP.

Hope this helps! :D

teiko

Re: Sub37 Arp Playback and Hardware Issues

Post by teiko » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:40 am

@PeterA89: Oh my gosh, I just saw your post after 2 years :D Just came back here to look for some help about this issue and almost forgot I posted this already.

I even spend the whole morning to factory reset my device, reapply the new firmware and all that stuff .. haha

But I just read your last part for the solution and what should I say: It seems it solved the problem also for me :roll: :wink: :lol:

Thank you so much for your feedback, it saved me from all the stress of giving the device for repair etc ..
Windows 10 Prof. X64 / Ableton Live 11 / Slim Phatty V3.21, Sub37 V1.20 / Moog USB Driver 4.25.0