Sub Phatty Blues

Everything Sub.
tichybird

Sub Phatty Blues

Post by tichybird » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:19 am

Hi All,

I bought my Sub Phatty nearly a year ago and love the sounds and experimentation I get out of it while realming out to some crazy noise, ambient, and pulsating goodness..

Since I've had it its worked fine, but the MIDI and LFO light is on at all times even though I've never hooked it up to MIDI and the LFO gets tweaked. On Youtube videos I don't see this happening. MIDI light is generally off, LFO pulsates/blinks as tweaked. Has anyone had the same thing happen? I haven't hooked it up to get latest firmware for fear of getting some of my saved presets wiped...But I'm looking at taking it in for a service...

Also, I hooked up a Boss DD-3 delay pedal from the external audio on Moog to the input of pedal, then from output of pedal to amp. Moog works with delay through the amp just fine. I put on a pair of headphones (through Moog) and I can only get the Moog signal, sans delay?!? I get some gnarly tones which i would like to record with the delay, I usually feed the Moog straight into a Native Instruments KA6 to record-works fine, but again, when I put the delay in the signal path it only gets a Moog sans the delay..
I trust someone can enlighten me here. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers from Perth, Australia :)

DUBMCT

Re: Sub Phatty Blues

Post by DUBMCT » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi there.
So the delay issue, not working through the headphones is because the DELAY is hooked up to the signal path AFTER the moog, and the headphones only get whats coming out of the MOOG, nothing after the audio out. If you want to use headphones you will need to go: MOOG (audio out) > DELAY > MIXER. Then you can use the headphone out of the mixer to hear the delayed drone goodness. Also you can go out of the mixer to the amp or DAW or what have you. A little mixer like this will work, and you can even go smaller - as long as it has a headphone out.
https://www.long-mcquade.com/51084/Pro- ... -Mixer.htm

As for the MIDI and LFO. I think you need to do one of the factory reset options. Start with the global reset. It wont mess with your presets. It is described in the manual. If those don't work then go for new firmware. I believe when installing new firmware your saved presets won't be affected.

Good luck!!
MOOG: micro/sub/37/M32/DFAM/105m/MF delay/MF trem

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:11 pm

DUBMCT wrote:As for the MIDI and LFO. I think you need to do one of the factory reset options. Start with the global reset. It wont mess with your presets. It is described in the manual. If those don't work then go for new firmware. I believe when installing new firmware your saved presets won't be affected.
Always.... ALWAYS... save your presets before doing anything reset/firmware related.

tichybird

Post by tichybird » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Cheers for the tip, much appreciated. I got it working with the Delay. It was an audio interface setting adjustment. Happy Days!!
I have a headphone input in the KA6, but I now understand the Moog not getting it..

Unfortunately something went wrong during the latest firmware installation after trying Initialize Preset and Global Parameters on page 36 and 37 of the manual, and now the Sub Phatty wont work at all apart from the MIDI and LFO light!!! I always learn the hard way :)
Its still under warranty and I have a gig coming up in 2 weeks so now its a race against time!

Ill update this post once I get it back and its working properly.

Cheers:)

tichybird

Post by tichybird » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:06 am

Hello Moog Users...

I just got my Sub Phatty back. 3 months later...

Turns out the main PCB unit was rooted and needed a new one...Wowzer. New PCB unit didn't fix it either.
So I got a new one.

The LED lights work properly now and all is well here.. time to realm out...

Later!