Mod wheel and pitch bend MIDI out

Everything Sub.
stewdio

Mod wheel and pitch bend MIDI out

Post by stewdio » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi all - I'm starting to use my M32 with my Sub37 and I can't figure out how to get the pitch and mod wheel to work over MIDI the way I would like them to...

The two problems I'm having are the pitch bend range is +/- one octave over MIDI, but I'd really like to have it +/- two semis (which is how I have it configured to work with the Sub37's internal oscillators) and I can't figure out how to get that range over MIDI

And I'm not sure how to assign the mod wheel to control one LFO source to go to pitch on the M32 for simple vibrato (maybe the M32 doesn't respond to that MIDI message?)

Otherwise it's a really beautiful 4 osc + sub sound! (using as well a FreqBox oscillator played by the M32 over CV)
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~

till

Re: Mod wheel and pitch bend MIDI out

Post by till » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:56 pm

My MIDI definition, the pitchbend wheel and alls other controllers are NOT scaled by the sending MIDI unit. You have to select a matching pitchbend range on the receiving instrument. I don't know if and how you can set this on a M32.
(The reason for this is standards is, to get the best possible zipper noise free results by sending always the best possible bit depth without downscaling it to match certain ranges to match a receiving instrument.)

The Modwheel is just sending a controller MIDI data. So MIDI is not defining what the mod wheel is used for or changing. It just sends the MIDI information about its travel. So again, you have to route the MIDI to some function on the receiving instrument. Again, I can't help you with this.

Better try to ask these two M32 related questions at the Mother-32 forum section.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

stewdio

Re: Mod wheel and pitch bend MIDI out

Post by stewdio » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:23 pm

till wrote:My MIDI definition, the pitchbend wheel and alls other controllers are NOT scaled by the sending MIDI unit. You have to select a matching pitchbend range on the receiving instrument. I don't know if and how you can set this on a M32.
(The reason for this is standards is, to get the best possible zipper noise free results by sending always the best possible bit depth without downscaling it to match certain ranges to match a receiving instrument.)

The Modwheel is just sending a controller MIDI data. So MIDI is not defining what the mod wheel is used for or changing. It just sends the MIDI information about its travel. So again, you have to route the MIDI to some function on the receiving instrument. Again, I can't help you with this.

Better try to ask these two M32 related questions at the Mother-32 forum section.

makes sense - thanks!
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~