Sub Phatty Pitch Incorrect Out-Of-Box

Everything Sub.
arcadehigh

Sub Phatty Pitch Incorrect Out-Of-Box

Post by arcadehigh » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Sub Phatty was just purchased today. The pitch of the keys are off about 6 whole steps. We have done the note calibration process twice now, no luck. We have determined it seems to be an issue with the pitch bend wheel where it thinks the middle wheel position is the "top" position, so to speak. Once you turn the synth on it seems to work fine, but as soon as you move the pitch bend wheel it shifts the notes up permanently 6 whole steps.

We have seen the comment "do the pitch wheel calibration" several times on the internet, but for the life of us we cannot find ANY instructions whatsoever on how to do that. Could someone please explain to use where it is in the manual or just list the steps here? We are pretty lost... :(

stewdio

Re: Sub Phatty Pitch Incorrect Out-Of-Box

Post by stewdio » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Have you done a pot and controller calibration with SysEx data? Or just the note calibration procedure that's in the manual?

I had to do a full pot and controller calibration on my 37 (I assume such a thing exists for the Phatty) when I had a similar problem 2 yrs ago and it's worked 100% since then. It makes your synth 're-learn' the bottom, midpoint and top of each pot (and the mod wheel / pitch bend)

You would have to get the files from Moog support (or another forum member who has them, I assume the ones for my 37 would not work or worse)
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~

arcadehigh

Re: Sub Phatty Pitch Incorrect Out-Of-Box

Post by arcadehigh » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:21 pm

We just received the correct files from Moog support yesterday and finally got it working by running the correct calibration processes! Not sure why this isn't listed on the website...somewhat frustrating to be honest, but we got everything resolved.