dead subsequent?

Everything Sub.
vangelisK

dead subsequent?

Post by vangelisK » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:06 pm

Just received my subsequent37 full of joy just to power it up and see that only the wheels are luminated. No screen no leds NOTHING! No sound. I was wondering if anyone has faced something like that. Tried to install different kinds of FW from sub37 but no luck, its like is dead..

vangelisK

Re: dead subsequent?

Post by vangelisK » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:50 am

vangelisK wrote:Just received my subsequent37 full of joy just to power it up and see that only the wheels are luminated. No screen no leds NOTHING! No sound. I was wondering if anyone has faced something like that. Tried to install different kinds of FW from sub37 but no luck, its like is dead..
So it seems that the main ribbon cable didnt sit perfectly and couldnt power properly the board, not sure if its due to sloppy assembly or happened during shipping but anyway everything works fine. Thanks to Adam (moog support) for his help

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:00 am

Great news!! :) Happy Moog!

captainkidd

Post by captainkidd » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:56 am

That's good! I posted in another thread that I just traded in my Sub 37 and picked up a Subsequent 37. I got enough on trade in and enough off the Subsequent 37 on sale that the difference was about the same as a full upgrade. With that said when I got a chance to mess with it at work it had an issue with one of the keys. The note would pulsate out of sync real bad when I had the oscillators set to 8'. I tried a full initialization in the global menu but that didn't work. I had the same thoughts that I would have to send my brand new Subsequent in to have it fixed. But then I figured out that it was only Oscillator #2 that would do it in 8', it didn't matter what octave that Oscillator #1 was set at.

So I read up in the manual about note calibration which kind of gave me a clue that since it is only one note key that was doing it that maybe if I ran the note calibration routine it would fix it.... well it did thankfully. Yah! :D

I didn't have any problems at all with my Sub 37 while I had it but since I decided to do the upgrade then the swap I was a little leery that I would get a brand new lemon. So at first when I had the problem I told myself I deserved it for letting my first Synth go like that. So luckily I was able to figure it out.