Subsequent 37 & Ableton - Midi Clock & Arp Sync Sound Issue

Everything Sub.
panema

Subsequent 37 & Ableton - Midi Clock & Arp Sync Sound Issue

Post by panema » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:28 am

Hey All,

New Moog user and first post. Thanks in advance for any help. I just got a Subsequent 37 the other day - Its been really exciting and also frustrating for a new user in all the ways many of you are probably familiar with. I've been trying for 3 + hours to try and resolve this issue via the net & tutorials and I'm at a total loss.

Last night after quite a bit of tinkering I was able to get the Subsequent 37 sync up to Ableton tempo / midi clock and had a ton of fun. Came home to keep tinkering and learning and its been quite a frustrating night. I was exploring the menu's tonight and made a bunch of changes looking through them all and then decided to try and make some music and have fun again so I did a settings reset from the global menu and started over plugging into ableton.

After a couple hours was able to resolve a midi loop issue (I think... phew!) and how I'm stuck with a 2 fold issue:
1. I cannot figure out how get the subsequent 37 to map to Ableton as the tempo or midi clock master (and thus change the function RATE knob on Moog)
2. If I select a preset I can play just fine. If I turn on the Moog arpeggiator it seems to work fine. But as soon as I have both ARP and SYNC on to map it to the tempo and midi clock on Ableton the sounds and keys total shut down and I can't play anything until I choose a new preset - it seems other settings are re set as well like the octave choice I was working in.

Choosing a new preset allows me to start the whole process over but until I choose a new preset and start over everything is dead.

More details:
Connected to computer via USB
Audio through Duet USB

Settings I've tried changing:
TRACK & SYNC enabled for MIDI input and output in Ableton
In port - Have tried USB setting and BOTH setting
Out port - Have tried USB setting and BOTH setting
Send Clock - Have tried both ON and OFF and ARP
Send Program Change (Seen other say this can cause issues) - Have tried ON and OFF

I can't figure it out. Could totally be an obvious thing but I've exhausted everything I can find / think of. Given the way the Moog is sort of *shutting off* I'm wondering if there is maybe some other issue? Especially considering it was working so great last night.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...!

jamesmod

Re: Subsequent 37 & Ableton - Midi Clock & Arp Sync Sound Is

Post by jamesmod » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:59 pm

I’m not a big user of DAW (to old to learn new tricks but trying) so I hope this is useful advice.
From page 15 in the manual:
WARNING: When SYNC is ON, and you are not in TAP TEMPO mode, the arp/sequencer will not play unless MIDI clock is received.

So, does that mean you should be in Tap Tempo mode? Otherwise it just goes into a null state?
Pew.........pew pew..... pew pew pew...!

Skramsino

Post by Skramsino » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:40 am

Hi,

did you get a resolve with the sync/arp-issue?
I´m having a similar problem with Pro Tools,
midi is received, but when switching on both arp and sync, all playback stops..

- midi is still sent and received when sync+arp is on (monitored with midi monitor)

see screenshot of my current settings attached.

Thanks,

Henrik
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2018-02-15 13.39.28.png

Skramsino

Post by Skramsino » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:23 am

I resolved my issue, it was in Pro Tools:

Setup > Midi > Beat Clock > Sub 37 was unticked, needs to be ticked on.

H