Sub 37 Editor problems

Everything Sub.
umami

Sub 37 Editor problems

Post by umami » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:24 pm

1) Select "Librarian", then select "Get All" in the hardware presets menu. The captured patches do not match what is actually on the Sub/SS37.
2) Choose any category for a preset, then select "save". Category resets to "misc."

Anyone else having these issues?

paulyc

Re: Sub 37 Editor problems

Post by paulyc » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:29 pm

I have a similar problem with a hardware disconnect problem which doesn't allow me to use the editor. There was a similar problem with the subsequent 37 which has evidently gotten a firmware fix for it. Meanwhile I believe I'm still hanging in the wind assuming that the sub37also needs a firm update. I haven't had time to get to playing my sub37 for a while much less sitting down with the editor so I haven't followed up. But no response to my problem. Pretty disappointing.

Here is the thread I started:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28696

paulyc

Post by paulyc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Ok, yesterday I responded here because I had some time to look into what was.going on with my Sub 37 and the editor. Upon a bit more investigation and careful reading I saw that is is recommended to plug the USB cable directly from the synth into the computer and NOT into a hub going into the computer (my Mac has only one USB input and I listen to it through Logic with my audio interface). Thus the hub I'd been using.

And plugging straight in solved my problem. I had to plug into a different set up to listen to it but now I'm all updated, my custom presents saved and kudos to some of the other presets included with the editor by other users which I added as new presets. Some good stuff there.

So perhaps this is your problem if you are having editor issues with a Sub 37 or perhaps a Subsequent.

deemadden

Post by deemadden » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:59 pm

I am having the same problem with my Sub 37, just tried what you described and I'm still seeing the problem.

deemadden

Post by deemadden » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:54 pm

I found another solution to the problem, but it isn't pretty. If you open up the editor, then go to your Sub 37 and iteratively walk over all of your presets and save them with AUTO SEND enabled in the HARDWARE PRESETS section of the LIBRARIAN, apparently it'll send an updated sysex dump for the preset as part of the save, and overwrite the screwed up preset in the current location with the correct one. I just did it and everything looks straight now.

Circuit3

Post by Circuit3 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:54 pm

umami wrote:1) Select "Librarian", then select "Get All" in the hardware presets menu. The captured patches do not match what is actually on the Sub/SS37.
2) Choose any category for a preset, then select "save". Category resets to "misc."

Anyone else having these issues?

Yes. Same problem. Connecting both over USB and DIN MIDI.

Are you on Mac OS High Sierra?

papawise

Post by papawise » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:31 am

I can't believe that I'm having this issues with Moog again.

First was the Minitaur (and still is) and now the Sub 37 that was working ok before... the disconnected problem in a new PC with clean Windows install.. Can someone explain what happen with Moog and all this issues?? they don't try the drivers before releasing them out or what? uffff :evil:

Windows 7 x64 + Ableton 10
Minitaur: Firmware 2.2.1 + Editor 3.2.0 + USB driver 4.35.0
Sub 37: Firmware 1.2.0 + Editor 1.0 + USB driver 4.35.0

Can someone say to me, what should I do to stop the "cannot connect with the hardware" message PLEASEEEE???? :evil:
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

rastro2

Post by rastro2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Having this problem too. Was hoping to load my presets into a rental Sub 37 for a gig.
Sub 37 is plugged directly into the MacBook (no hub). It sometimes seems to work, but the patch names are wrong (they reflect what they were before I edited them and saved them under a different name). Please fix this, Moog!

papawise

Post by papawise » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:57 pm

rastro2 wrote:Having this problem too. Was hoping to load my presets into a rental Sub 37 for a gig.
Sub 37 is plugged directly into the MacBook (no hub)...
So, this is going on in Mac too. Nuts. It was supposed to be a Windows issue only, and no one from Moog is answering with help...
I repeat always the same, so many years without solving a simple driver, imagine if you have a problem with a modular.
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

markeats

Post by markeats » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:18 pm

I have this problem here too. Hardware presets list doesn't match what's on the actual hardware, looks like they're all shuffled in order.

Going through the presets on the synth and re-saving each one fixes it but only temporarily - pressing 'get' in the editor will put me back in the same mixed up situation as before.

macOS 10.13.3 and Sub 37 connected directly.

papawise

Post by papawise » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:29 am

Seems to be that they are not available to help users that already bought their products. (Yes, I've contacted them thru their CONTACT option in their website too, but no answers until now [7 days]).
Maybe we have to pray to deserve their time and help.

SlowLFOtoPitch

Post by SlowLFOtoPitch » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:00 pm

Hello all,

I believe most of our problems here are due to the editor. I will share a collection of links for the latest beta versions of the editors that work with OSX High Sierra and drivers that should help with the Windows connection problems as well:

Sub 37 Editor v1.0.0 (Windows) & 1.0.1 (OSX), fixing preset sync issues in High Sierra:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... v1_0_1.zip
* No firmware change. Still uses firmware v1.2.0

Subsequent 37 Editor v1.0.0:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... v1.0.0.zip

Subsequent 37 CV Editor v1.0.0 and new firmware v1.3.2:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... v1.0.0.zip

If updating the editor and/or MIDI driver does not correct your issues, please contact us directly at [email protected] so we can help you individually.

All the best,
TAYLOR MOTT
SERVICE DEPARTMENT MANAGER
MOOG MUSIC INC.

P: (828) 251.0090 ext. (217)
Fax: (828) 254.6233

kouik

Post by kouik » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:48 am

Hi everybody,

take care with the mentionned upgrade, it fully messed up my wave potentiometers, it's definitely not bug free at least on the subsequent 37 cv.

This synth was fully functionnal before the upgrade, it really looks like a last minute bug.

Is any of you aware of a way to roll back to previous firmware version ? is it a supporte method ? the new cv-out mapping in the editor is nice, but the price is too high for it....

-> problem description

potentiometers calibration :

on the physical synth :

the 2 oscillators wave potentiometers are not aligned properly any longer on the physical device :
When the pot is set on the synth on the sawtooth, it's off by one full graduation.
Using an oscilloscope confirm this.

It's consistent on the 2 oscillators

On the software :

aligning the potentiometer on the software to the sawtooth, produce a sawtooth really, but it's then off by one full mark of the physical device.

The drawing of the editor, is not aligned to the physical panel (but is indeed to the internal calibration which is now off).

Are you aware of this issue ? what can I do ? can I rollback to the 1.3.1 ? FYI, I'm using mac os 10.11.6

FYI, it was fully fine before the upgrade, played all the day without any trouble.

Another problem :

added to this, the 2 octave rotary switches, if moved too fast, are not reflected properly in the editor, it was fully fine before the upgrade.

kouik

Post by kouik » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:53 am

tried to reset back to 1.3.1 -> no change
tried the pot calibration method -> no change

can anyone share if you have the same issue ?

redlester

Post by redlester » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:14 pm

SlowLFOtoPitch wrote: Subsequent 37 Editor v1.0.0rc2:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... INDOWS.zip
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... c2-OSX.zip
Hi

After installing this Windows version of the Subsequent 37 editor, when I open my Plugins folder within Ableton Live I have two plugins available;
Subsequent 37 Editor(x64)
Subsequent 37 Editor-VI(x64)

What is the difference between these, and does it make any difference which one I use? They look identical when I open them.