Is the SUB37 my best option?

Everything Sub.
vulphunk

Is the SUB37 my best option?

Post by vulphunk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:05 pm

Hey everyone first time poster here.

I'm about to purchase my first moog ( :D :D :D :D ) and there's a few things I know I want out of it.

I play in a funk driven jam band but we also do a lot of spacey improv stuff too. I know I want the dark "trippy" spacey bass and lead sounds that the SUB37 has but I am also completely in love with the leads on the Model D (george duke-ish sound). Here's a perfect example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3nl7IqZayg (00:45)

I know I won't be able to perfectly mimic that tone of the model D but can I get pretty damn close with the SUB37? I'll note that I saw a guy playing a Rogue recently and he had that tone pretty damn close to the model D or at least the lead sound that I'm talking about.

I definitely can't afford a model D ( :cry: ) so what are my best options? Thanks!!

stiiiiiiive

Re: Is the SUB37 my best option?

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:07 pm

I would say your best option is to buy a Sub37 and enjoy the pretty damn sound :D

Welcome to the forum!!

DrJustice

Re: Is the SUB37 my best option?

Post by DrJustice » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:20 pm

I agree with stiiiiiiive.

I'd have liked a Voyager myself (I need patch memories), but the Sub 37 scratched my Moog itch and offers some attractive features of its own. A nice modern Moog that's not trying to be a Minimoog, but with a Moog'ish sound all the same.

My cat likes it too, and the two together makes for a perfect Cats on Synths in Space image as well as a LOLCat meme - what more could you want :D
LOLCAT.png