Sub Phatty and Minitaur together

Everything Sub.
Animalbeats

Sub Phatty and Minitaur together

Post by Animalbeats » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am

Hi Folks

I'm lucky enough to have a Sub Phatty and a Minitaur/

I've currently got the Minitaur hooked up to the Sub Phatty as an external instrument.

But I'd like to create some Duophonic sounds

Also, can I poly-chain them?

Help and any other cool tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gordon

bichuelo

Re: Sub Phatty and Minitaur together

Post by bichuelo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:40 pm

If you set the Sub to high note priority and the Minitaur to low note priority you get duo sound, there is no need to poly chain :wink:
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Animalbeats

Post by Animalbeats » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:04 pm

bichuelo wrote:If you set the Sub to high note priority and the Minitaur to low note priority you get duo sound, there is no need to poly chain :wink:
How should I connect them together to achieve this please?

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Animalbeats wrote:
bichuelo wrote:If you set the Sub to high note priority and the Minitaur to low note priority you get duo sound, there is no need to poly chain :wink:
How should I connect them together to achieve this please?
Well, there is no correct or incorrect way to chain them. If you use each one on one channel of your mixer/soundcard you will get a duophony, and if you feed one of them to the second one's external audio input you will get something like the paraphony the Subsequent does

I would set the Minitaur to Low Note (on the Editor you find it at Under the Hood tab, or a globat one at Settings) and the Sub Phatty to High Note (on this one it can't be set per preset). You can set this on the latter under Prefs at the right column
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra