Problem Controlling Logic Pro X Parameters with Sub37

Everything Sub.
Troove

Problem Controlling Logic Pro X Parameters with Sub37

Post by Troove » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Hello,

I just got a new Subsequent37 and man I love the sound! However I would also like to use it to control all of my virtual synths in logic.
So far i'm able to midi map the knobs of the sub37 to the virtual synth controls. BUT what happens is that once I map a knob to a parameter in logic will stop controlling the sub37.

Example: If I map the Cutoff Knob of the Sub37 to Control the Cutoff of Logics ES-1, turning the Cutoff Knob on the Sub37 will change the cutoff frequency of the ES-1 if the track with the ES-1 is selected, but when I go back to the track where I have connected my Sub37 as an external instrument with an instance of the sub37 editor, the knob doesn't change the sub37's filter cutoff anymore. (The Knob in the Sub37 Editor moves / reflects the position where I left it from the ES-1, but the filter on the sub37 doesn't react to it).

This is the same for all of the knobs. So It seems either I can use my Sub37 as a synth or I can use if to control logics synths, but not both...

anyone experiencing the same issue?

thanks in advance!

Troove

Re: Problem Controlling Logic Pro X Parameters with Sub37

Post by Troove » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:37 am

Continued to investigate. Tried out different things, but haven't come across the ultimate solution. One way is to set the midi in parameter to another port but the sub37 and then midi map each parameter manually in logic to control the controls of the sub37 editor. It just a pain in the a** to map all the buttons and encoders with stepped values to work correctly in logic. No problem for the main rotary encoders, but I can't get the stepped encoders like Arp pattern for example to work correctly.

Mikenett

Re: Problem Controlling Logic Pro X Parameters with Sub37

Post by Mikenett » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:23 am

Hi , I’m new to all this . How do you get the sub 37 set up to be a midi controller in logic ?