Moog Sub 37 second problem

Everything Sub.
geeksmusic

Moog Sub 37 second problem

Post by geeksmusic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi

I purchased my Sub 37 on March 15, 2017 in Home Studio shop in Paris.
I had a problem with it in July and sent it for repair (under warranty) to Mesi which is the official warranty in France.

I have received it back at the end of August.

Today I was playing with it and the sound output from the Moog suddenly stopped.
I checked everything, the firmware is up to date and I updated again to the latest one to overwrite. Problem still occurs all of a sudden when I start playing.

I switch it off for 30 minutes, switch it back on it works until I play, 10 mins and the sound stops again and will not come back until I switch it off again. When the Moog is cold maybe I can play for 30 minutes it stops. I managed to film it:

https://youtu.be/KZArqgUfdVE

I feel disappointed cause this synth, even though amazing, makes me loose money, since I bought it I haven(t had the time to fully enjoy. I can understand that sometimes there is problems. But two in a row for a machine at this price seems bad to me.

I sent an email to Moog but they haven't replied yet...

So far the synth goes again to warranty, this what Mesi told me. So it is more likely that I will be waiting again 2 months...

geeksmusic

Re: Moog Sub 37 second problem

Post by geeksmusic » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:12 am

Hello

I'm posting here because my Moog Sub 37 is still under repair since October.

I bought it in April 2017. Brand new from Home Studio shop in paris.
In July I had to bring it to MESI due to some problems on the VCA. MESI is the official Moog warranty center in France (you can see it on the Moog website). 2 months to repair it. OK problem happens...

In October another problem, and brought it back to MESI.
Since then I have no news from MESI, They said that they are waiting for some parts they should have received in the beginning of December but looks like they don't know really know when they are going to receive them. It's like I'm bothering them.

I have many synths and never had such problems with warranty. Last time My Roland JP 08 went for repair, it took 3 weeks only! And I had about a date for when to come back to pick it up.

I'm now waiting for my Sub 37 for 3 months and nothing is going on, I'm lost, disappointed by the service in France, and above all, I was able to use it only 4 months, rest of the time is at Mesi. To me it's unacceptable, I'm just lost with no infos, and nobody is willing to take steps to help me. I sent you an email some time ago and never received your reply. I sent another one today and hope that you can find a way.

I thought Moog was pro, looks like I'm an unlucky person and so far your services are very weak in France. I hope I can change my mind as it's in your hands.

Thanks for reading... And sorry for English, I'm French :)

geeksmusic

Post by geeksmusic » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:20 pm

OK I managed to get the repair man over the phone.

He said that the delay is due to Moog as they are restructuring their factories to adapt to the growing sells.

The repair man ordered some equipment at the end of November, was supposed to receive them in December but Moog delayed and delayed again. They had to re-order again and Moog is still delaying. Looks like we are a couple of people waiting for Moog at Mesi.

I hope something can be done and that Moog can send rapidly what is needed to repair our synths that are waiting for months.

Thumbs down to your bad service and communication Moog...

jamesmod

Post by jamesmod » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:17 am

I currently have three issues with Moog gear preventing the use. These are issues spanning from late November last year.
Only one response two weeks ago ,for one issue, to say they would pass it on to a different technical area.
On another issue, the retailer here was amazing and replaced it.

I also canceled my order for another very expensive moog item, because the absence of service has left a very bad impression.
But I purchased an alternative from a competitor so I could continue, and Im really happy with it.
Pew.........pew pew..... pew pew pew...!