Connecting Sub and Slim Phatty?

Everything Sub.
alexone

Connecting Sub and Slim Phatty?

Post by alexone » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:52 pm

I have a question maybe quite naive. I rather work on sounds, than on play (I'm guitarist and use my SP on recording). I have a slim phatty I am very happy with. For some time now, I have been looking for a way to increase my range of sound. I thought of a moogerfooger (freq box, ring modulator), but the Slim Phatty do not have CV out, and it would take a midi-to-CV, and a CP-251, and so on... I've seen a second hand sub phatty for a very good price (not so much above a freqbox) and I my question is: if connected the Slim Phatty and the sub Phatty through midi, I would have a 4 oscillators synth (+ noise generator) ? I do not want polychain, but stay in monophony. Is my idea stupid? I did not find any example on the web.

Thanks all!

bichuelo

Re: Connecting Sub and Slim Phatty?

Post by bichuelo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:24 pm

I have both of them at home and I might be able to try doing that.

It does make sense and even before I try it, I am sure it works great!
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Yep, will work for sure.
You'll need 2 mixer inputs, or you can route the one's audio in the other's audio input, but you may find some limitations.

Let's wait for Bichuelo trial results :)

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:52 am

Well, I made a four headed monster. Both synths on an independent channel, then each of the direct outputs on my mixer feeds each synth into the other.

My neighbourgs must be hating me :twisted:

I also tried puttin one of them into last note priority and the second one on low note. I have to tame it yet to get some musical results. It gets really wild
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:50 pm

bichuelo wrote:Well, I made a four headed monster. Both synths on an independent channel, then each of the direct outputs on my mixer feeds each synth into the other.

My neighbourgs must be hating me :twisted:

I also tried puttin one of them into last note priority and the second one on low note. I have to tame it yet to get some musical results. It gets really wild
That sound like big fun.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo