Pitch Envelope?

Everything Sub.
rugginz

Pitch Envelope?

Post by rugginz » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:10 pm

Hello all,
First post, new to the forum and a recent purchaser of the Sub 37 (beast of a synth, dear lord).

I do apologize if this is a question that has been asked previously (tried the search function but couldn't really seem to find an answer).

Id love to modulate oscillator pitch with an envelope, and I don't know if the sub 37 supports this functionality. I am able to use the mod bus to slightly modulate osc 2 frequency with filt envelope and it basically produces a slight detune effect..not really what im looking for. Second closest thing I've found is using the LFO set to a triangle waveform and a slow frequency to modulate pitch...needless to say its not the same thing.
This is totally wishful thinking, but a dedicated mod envelope (that would modulate any parameter) would make this entire synth a dream.

Is this a possibility?

Thanks so much for your guys help! Apologize in advance if this has already been asked.
Ryan

Chimponaut

Re: Pitch Envelope?

Post by Chimponaut » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:05 pm

First, initialize a preset so we are starting at the same place. Press and hold the "init" button for a few seconds. It's just below the global button.

Then set Mod Bus 2 source to F.EG (Top right knob, turn it all the way to the right) This bus will now use the filter envelope as the source of the modulation. Then all you have to do is use the pitch amount knob to add some pitch modulation and start tweaking the filter envelope to get the movement you want.

Good fun.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

rugginz

Re: Pitch Envelope?

Post by rugginz » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Thanks!
Really appreciate your help. -_- this seems so obvious now.